Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Credit Cards

tag
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Closing Credit Cards

Since I dont have any reason to keep them and they have served their purposes, I have closed my Secured Capital One and Secured USAA. Both Cards had $500 limits and I am now happier. Next account is the Credit One Bank and then I will sit my happy bottom in the garden until next Spring.

Yippie....

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Credit Cards

Congrats OP

I say your weeding out the weeds from a growing impressive garden.

Happy Gardening :-)
Message 2 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats OP

I say your weeding out the weeds from a growing impressive garden.

Happy Gardening :-)

I am super excited. Yes, pulling weeds is super fun now. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never thought I would look forward to pulling weeds, but I am looking at my card collection and thinking that I really do not need some of them.  Waiting to see what my util will be and which cards with AFs are coming due.  I think I will be dumping 2 this year and 3 next.  Yes it does feel good Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
NikJ4
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I never thought I would look forward to pulling weeds, but I am looking at my card collection and thinking that I really do not need some of them.  Waiting to see what my util will be and which cards with AFs are coming due.  I think I will be dumping 2 this year and 3 next.  Yes it does feel good Smiley Happy

I had a warped sense of security with these cards. I know they were the ONLY cards I could get starting 9 months ago but now I am in a better position and I just dont want them in my garden anymore. I have loved them and now I can say, it is time to let go. I especially have an issue when you have MY $. I want it all back. I am out on the hunt for any dollar that looks like it needs a home.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.