Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Credit One Card on Monday!!!!

tag
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Closing Credit One Card on Monday!!!!

I have had the Credit One card for a couple of years.  I have held on to it because I was afraid I might need it.  In the last 9 months I have been able to get Barclay Rewards M/C, Barclay Sallie Mae and NFCU Visa Signature Rewards.  My Score Watch for Myfico was automatically billed to them, but I changed that earlier today and now the only thing that will show up is the monthly fee with $23.99% interest, as they put the monthly fee on the statement and there is no way to pay it before the bill cuts. They have served their purpose, but it is time to say bye bye.

I was wondering though, if I just changed the Myfico billing info to another card today, is there a chance it will bill to the Credit 1 card in error??? the monthly monitoring fee is not due again until 1-31-14..??? I hope there is not a lag time.

thanks 

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closing Credit One Card on Monday!!!!

@Legal_Girl wrote:

I have had the Credit One card for a couple of years.  I have held on to it because I was afraid I might need it.  In the last 9 months I have been able to get Barclay Rewards M/C, Barclay Sallie Mae and NFCU Visa Signature Rewards.  My Score Watch for Myfico was automatically billed to them, but I changed that earlier today and now the only thing that will show up is the monthly fee with $23.99% interest, as they put the monthly fee on the statement and there is no way to pay it before the bill cuts. They have served their purpose, but it is time to say bye bye.

I was wondering though, if I just changed the Myfico billing info to another card today, is there a chance it will bill to the Credit 1 card in error??? the monthly monitoring fee is not due again until 1-31-14..??? I hope there is not a lag time.

thanks 

Well, it served its purpose and it looks like you have moved onto other tradelines that provide a much better benefit and growth. 

Hopefully, you were able to change it in time then it should be no issue.  Although, I'm not sure if it will cycle again on the old account - others can probably provide better guidance on the billing piece since I don't have a myFICO subsciption service.

Message 2 of 6
baller4life
Super Contributor

I changed my billing cc on myfico three days before recurring charge with no problem. You'll be fine.

Message 3 of 6
Legal_Girl
Frequent Contributor

Great!!! thank you both for your input.. I look forward to not paying them any more fees.

Homeowner Again as of July 17, 2014. Thanks to the VA and NFCU. FICOs EQ - 786/EX - 782/TU - 778/Quicksilver $3,500 / Cred 1 $2,875 / 1st Natl $4,250/ Kohls Visa $5k / Mercury MC $5,850 / NFCU Visa Sig Cash Rew $27k/ Lowes $25k / Best Buy Visa $11k/ NFCU LOC $15k / Walmart MC $7.5k / Chase Freedom Unlimited $1,500 / Discover IT $27,000 / Discover IT Chrome $21,500 / Citi DC $7,300 / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $17,500 / Citi Simplicity $18,500 / Citi Premier $8,200 / Care Credit $10k/ AMEX Gold - NSL / Chase Sapphire Preferred $20,500
Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Legal_Girl wrote:

Great!!! thank you both for your input.. I look forward to not paying them any more fees.

Exactly - think of the $$ savings going forward!

Message 5 of 6
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on being able to close out the Credit One!

The lender should acknowledge that the account is closed. If you've updated any sites with your card number, January 31st is far enough away everything should be fine.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.