Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Credit One on Monday!

Way to go, Mikey.  Yahoooo!

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm in the group too unfortunately. I opened it in Feb of this year, so I paid the stupid $79.00 AF or whatever it was, so I might as well get something out of it and lv it open until Jan 16. I'll cancel it prior to another years AF.

Watch them - they charge interest from the date of purchase regardless of whether you pay in full or not.  I got it to build but now I have cards with Capital One with no annual fee and limits of $5k and $3k and my new BofA card at $3k so that Credit One is expensive and pretty much worthless to me now.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Way to go, Mikey.  Yahoooo!

Thank you!  :-)  Pretty excited, been on a two year rebuild journey and I am in a good place now!

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't need it, just do it! Burn baby burn!!! I'm getting ready to do the same. Killed my First premiers awhile back too.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully one day I can do the same. I would really like to close credit one but right now I don't have the money to pay then off. Congrats.
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I figure I paid almost 80.00 AF 3 months ago. The only charge I put on there is my monthly Netflix 7.99 charge. The day it hits, I pay it off till next month. I'm not asking for any CL increases and I'll cancel next Jan prior to them jamming me for another AF. They are terrible. They won't give you any additional credit and my scores have soared since I originally applied. I won't bother with them, but will at least get the remaining 9 month's out of them.
Message 16 of 24
EW800
Valued Contributor

Mikey, congratulations on getting rid of the devil!! 😄
Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bravo! If you have no loans you are going to take out before the end of the year, take the AAoA hit. heck open up something new that throws 100 bucks in your pocket after 6 months! Better than 6 months of paying out fees, right? If you arent trying to buy a house, $100 bux is worth a HP and eating up AAoA. Some of us think $300 is worth 3 HP Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im on the same boat.. Only on my 2nd month. If i would've known I would get approved for chase wouldve never opened it.. But planning on keeping it until before i have to pay annual fee again.
Message 19 of 24
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Kill it with fire.

Oh I am planning a fantastic way to destroy it and I will be sure to share the results!

Congrats! Just a suggestion Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.