Frequent Contributor

Closing First Premier

[ Edited ]

Hey Peeps,

Question! I have just paid First Premier infull and I am thinking about canceling it because of the fees.. I am not sure though, does FP charge monthly fees if at 0 Balance? I think they have a servcing fee. But anyways, I have my Cap 1 Secure, Cap 1 Cash Rewards and Orchard and some other tradelines. Two jewlers Kays and Weisfield and a fingerhut account that will be reporting so I don't think I need the FP anymore..

I am also about to put down 2500 for my cap 1 secure so in 2014 when I app for a discover and walmart I get a nice limit... In 2014 im gonna see what I can do with the cash rewards. I am in credit steps and it will go to 750 after 5 statements..

What is the best way to close this account, I don't want to close it and they hit me with a monthly fee and the card closes with a balance!!

Last App: 9/16/13
BK Discharge: 6/12
NavyFCU Flagship Visa Sig $10k | NavyFCU nReward Secured $500 | NavChek $5k | Walmart $600 | Capital 1 Quicksilver $750 | Capital 1 Plat $1k | Kays $400 | Amazon $600 | Express $250 |
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing First Premier

Not sure what the terms are but if the are charging a monthly AF or maintenance fee or whatever they call it when you have a balance you can be sure you will still be charged when you are sitting on a $0 balance.

ccpics2.jpg
Frequent Contributor

So, I do I close the card correctly?

NavyFCU Flagship Visa Sig $10k | NavyFCU nReward Secured $500 | NavChek $5k | Walmart $600 | Capital 1 Quicksilver $750 | Capital 1 Plat $1k | Kays $400 | Amazon $600 | Express $250 |
Valued Contributor

ihatemyscore wrote:

So, I do I close the card correctly?

I would close the card and work on your other cards that have more favorable terms...

ccpics2.jpg
Frequent Contributor

But if I want to close FP then how would I cose it with 0 balance. I will PIF but I hope they do not do somethin shady and add a monthly charge or put closed @ grantors request.

Valued Contributor

confirm it has a $0 balance close it and call the next day to confirm that it has been closed with a $0 balance....next month call back and make sure it is still closed with a $0 balance...its a lot of work but you never know with FP

ccpics2.jpg
Frequent Contributor

See this is what scares me, because I have been working very hard for the last 8 months!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.