cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing J Crew and Express Credit Card?

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing J Crew and Express Credit Card?

@Puertorican_COP wrote:

If I close the cards how long do they take to remove off your credit report?

I believe is 10 years

Message 11 of 18
Outdoorstech1
Frequent Contributor

My Jcrew limit is $8,800. Keeping that one for sure! 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will be closing my amex green soon too Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 18
ddemari
Super Contributor

I wouldnt close jcrew. I get a cli from them every month. Between 300-600 sometimes times 2! If u really want to close something, close express and keep jcrew open imho
Message 14 of 18
thmgoodw
Established Member

in less than 8 months I have taken my J Crew card from something like 500-700 to 9700!!  8 months ago I went in and one night kept on hitting the CLI request until I got the 7-10 day wait message. 5 minutes of my time resulted in a 5300 limit. I did the same thing last month, and took it up to 9,700!! It is now my highest card in my portfolio.

Message 15 of 18
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Puertorican_COP wrote:

Hello I am wondering if i close my J crew and Express Credit Card will it affect my annual age of credit or will it make it go up since those two accounts are closed?

They are my smallest credit lines that I dont use at all. Did the shopping cart trick for them.

Also will my credit score go down for closing these two small lines? I got over $25,000 in credit lines.

You know what they say--the only good Comenity card is a closed Comenity card. Go ahead and close them. Your credit score should be fine as long as your utilization on your other cards is under 10%.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why close them. Especially J Crew.  You really don't have that strong of a credit profile to be eliminating cards. 

I could see it if you had 8-10  major cards with 5-10 k or more in limits opened for 4-5 years. With your file I would keep them and let them grow. Hit the cli button on J Crew monthly and make a small purchase periodically.

Just my opinion.

Message 17 of 18
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Puertorican_COP wrote:

If I close the cards how long do they take to remove off your credit report?

10 years.

Why would you close them? Neither has an AF, and they grow. There's no reason to close them.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.