Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing PenFed Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing PenFed Account

I applied the other day and got the darn LO thingy???  I have always been instantly approved I don't understand.  I have an 802 CS, guess what when I got the PenFed account for the original hard pull it already hit myFICO and my score went up to 803 haha I was so expecting it to go down?  WOW!!!

I'll let you know what they say when I find out

Message 41 of 44
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Have you gone into your application status and clicked on comments?  I didn't find out until after I was approved, but there was a comment there that it was pending income verification.  Also, does it say your application is pending and then give you a pending CL?  If so, I'd say you're approved.

Call them.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 42 of 44
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@thrasher865 wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

We have the cash reward card and only use it for gas... The statement credit is nice each month and you do not have to play the gift card games. Other cards can be used around this card for best cash back performance. I think this is a totally worthwhile card to carry, even though they did slash the other rewards.

Does PenFed do PCs?  I'm considering switching to the cash card.  I'd hate to give up 3% on groceries, but I don't like the gift card mess.  

The main reason I got the points card is the intro offer.  $250 back on spending $1000 in the first 3 months is hard to pass up.

I think they will PC or will open an additonal card without a pull if you simply ask them to split your current line... YMMV though. I would call them and ask them. Always nice people do deal with.

In my case, I did a balance transfer and was allowed to split the line in to two Cash Rewards cards as I wanted to keep the balance transfer seperate. So, $15000 was allocated to the balance transfer card, and $5000 was allocated to the other card. Easier for me for budget reasons to do this as I used the smaller card for gas purchases.

Once I got the balance transfer paid off, I called them and they re-combined the two cards back to one, leaving me with one card with a $20k line. This is where it is today.

Give them a call and ask - I am sure they would be willing to help you out. Good luck!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:

Have you gone into your application status and clicked on comments?  I didn't find out until after I was approved, but there was a comment there that it was pending income verification.  Also, does it say your application is pending and then give you a pending CL?  If so, I'd say you're approved.

Call them.

I'll go check that now but I don't think so, I wish I could just call them I can't I'm in Afghanistan!!

Edit,

You know I dont' even see application status on there anywhere?  Am I missing something?

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.