cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Wells Checking & Savings - but keep CC?

tag
CreditMENA
New Contributor

Closing Wells Checking & Savings - but keep CC?

Hey all,

I'm in the process of moving all of my banking over from Wells Fargo to NFCU (way better dividend rates, no acct fees, ATM reimbursements, etc.). I would go ahead and just transfer all of my money via check and then close the accounts - but my Wells Fargo credit card is my oldest account. It's not worth it for me to keep $2,000 in my checking just to avoid the fees - is it plausible to close my checking and savings account while keeping my CC?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Closing Wells Checking & Savings - but keep CC?

yes it is.

there's no requirements of having a checking/savings just to qualify for a CC.

they might show you less "love" when you try to get a CLI and stuff, but i wouldn't worry too much about it. your spending and paying habits will still be the main determinent.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.