Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a Few Accounts in the New Year!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing a Few Accounts in the New Year!

Doing some housekeeping  and decided to close accounts that are minumumly used.

Sunglass Hut closed - Synchrony. Opened on a whim while walking the strip in Vegas, lol! Did use the financing option, CL 800.00

Brylane Home closed- Comenity.  Opened during a SCT spree, never used, they just gave me a increase  1000.00 CL

J.Jill. closed. Comenity. Another SCT account, did use but can't justify keeping, very slow to increase CL.  800.00

This is all for now.  Feels good to get these small accounts out of my credit file.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing a Few Accounts in the New Year!

Great job !!!! I know the feeling,MIT feels great to get rid of dead weight.

ive stated closing myself. I'm looking to shed $50k over a 6 month period. 

Review your our file monthly and keep making cuts until your happy !!!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Rid of dead weight....my sentiments exactly!  There are several that will be on my chopping block  in the next 6 months.  Thanks for the words of encouragement and enjoy a great 2016!

Message 3 of 11
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Rid of dead weight....my sentiments exactly!  There are several that will be on my chopping block  in the next 6 months.  Thanks for the words of encouragement and enjoy a great 2016!

Your welcome, I think a lot of us here could go in a closing spree and feel good about it afterwards. 

Enjoy your 2016 also . 

Message 4 of 11
Mantis350
Regular Contributor

Congrats!  Liberate yourself from dead weight!

PenFed Rewards Visa Sig-$14,000 | BofA Plat Visa-$12,500 | Discover IT-$11,000 | NASA-$7,500 | WF Cash Rewards Visa-$6,800 | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig-$6,500 | Barclay Rewards MC-$6,000 | Cap1 QS Visa Sig-$5,750 | Citi DC-$5,500 | Cap1 Venture 1-$4,500 | Cap1 QS-$3,400 | Chase Freedom-$3,400 | AMEX BCE-$2,000 | Lowes-$15,000 | Home Depot-$5,000
|Current Score(2/19/2016)|| 709 EQ || 734 TU || 729 EXP ||
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mantis350 wrote:

Congrats!  Liberate yourself from dead weight!

Mantis350...I do feel liberated, lol!  Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Good job! I have a few to get rid of too. Will be closing BMW Visa this month before next AF hits, and will decide on a few more before end of month. I have way too many cards, and am getting tired of remembering to use them all!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emptypockets wrote:

Good job! I have a few to get rid of too. Will be closing BMW Visa this month before next AF hits, and will decide on a few more before end of month. I have way too many cards, and am getting tired of remembering to use them all!

Having too many card and getting tired of remembering to use them all.......omg I think about that a lot.  As I have acquire more cc, I feel the need to close some.  The BMW Visa, now that card sparks some interest, lol!

Message 8 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

Congrats!...

I'm going to work towards 2 store cards and 5 monster, diversified Bank Cards.

Message 9 of 11
Mantis350
Regular Contributor

@elim wrote:

Congrats!...

I'm going to work towards 2 store cards and 5 monster, diversified Bank Cards.

Thats a hell of a spreadsheet in your siggy Elim!

PenFed Rewards Visa Sig-$14,000 | BofA Plat Visa-$12,500 | Discover IT-$11,000 | NASA-$7,500 | WF Cash Rewards Visa-$6,800 | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig-$6,500 | Barclay Rewards MC-$6,000 | Cap1 QS Visa Sig-$5,750 | Citi DC-$5,500 | Cap1 Venture 1-$4,500 | Cap1 QS-$3,400 | Chase Freedom-$3,400 | AMEX BCE-$2,000 | Lowes-$15,000 | Home Depot-$5,000
|Current Score(2/19/2016)|| 709 EQ || 734 TU || 729 EXP ||
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.