cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing and consolidating accounts - Done with crapy credit card companies!

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Closing and consolidating accounts - Done with crapy credit card companies!

I retired 2 HSBC cards (Platinum and Best Buy), 2 Crapital One Platinum cards that never grow and are stuck forever with little CLs, merged my two Chase cards into one large CL (10k), merged my two barclay cards into a single CL (10k), upgraded my AMEX Zync to a Gold Rewards and got first year AF waived.

Still have my BMW credit card, Discover More, Dell revolving charge account, and Credit Union Visa but none of them are in rotation for use. They sit in my sock drawer.

Main used card is the AMEX. I love AMEX. Best card by far. Nothing can come close to their customer service.

Just thought I would share my current state of mind Smiley Happy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing and consolidating accounts - Done with crapy credit card companies!

@ngerasimatos wrote:

I retired 2 HSBC cards (Platinum and Best Buy), 2 Crapital One Platinum cards that never grow and are stuck forever with little CLs, merged my two Chase cards into one large CL (10k), merged my two barclay cards into a single CL (10k), upgraded my AMEX Zync to a Gold Rewards and got first year AF waived.

Still have my BMW credit card, Discover More, Dell revolving charge account, and Credit Union Visa but none of them are in rotation for use. They sit in my sock drawer.

Main used card is the AMEX. I love AMEX. Best card by far. Nothing can come close to their customer service.

Just thought I would share my current state of mind Smiley Happy

How were you able to merged the Chase CCs? What 2 Chase cards did you have? And what is your current Chase card?

I have tried in the past but fail to merge my Chase Slate into the Freedom card....no luck.

Message 2 of 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing and consolidating accounts - Done with crapy credit card companies!

cards must be on the same tier to merge. I merged a Freedom with a Southwest rewards card.

I fly SWA often so it made more sense for me to do this.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.