Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing both Secured Accts

tag
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

Closing both Secured Accts

With help from you folks, I am well on my way to credit repair.

I have... Discover It, 1500 CL

Barclays, 1000 CL

Capital One, 4000 CL

And a few Store Cards...from what I gather,the are not popular here.  But these are stores I shop at frequently and find the rewards system beneficial at this time.

Overstock, 950 CL

NY&C, 500 CL

Eddie Bauer, 250 CL

Today I cancelled my Capital One secured, as well as faxing in info to close my US Bank Secured.  I can post on here when I recieve my refund check for those initial deposits.  I will also close my FingerHut account (2800 CL) in the near future.  I'm currently using it as a credit radio "padding".  But, I should have balances paid down within a month to a point that it will no longer be needed.

I'm so happy and relieved to have "big kid" cards.  I no longer feel like my case is hopeless.  I've not purchased scores from here, in a while.  I will do that next month when I get everything paid down to where I want it.

All thanks to you guys.  Maybe, at some point...I can get the Barclay Venture!  I need a good travel points card.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing both Secured Accts

@mechanicaljen wrote:

Barclays, 1000 CL

Capital One, 4000 CL

And a few Store Cards...from what I gather,the are not popular here.  But these are stores I shop at frequently and find the rewards system beneficial at this time.

Overstock, 950 CL

NY&C, 500 CL

Eddie Bauer, 250 CL

Today I cancelled my Capital One secured, as well as faxing in info to close my US Bank Secured.  I can post on here when I recieve my refund check for those initial deposits.  I will also close my FingerHut account (2800 CL) in the near future.  I'm currently using it as a credit radio "padding".  But, I should have balances paid down within a month to a point that it will no longer be needed.

I'm so happy and relieved to have "big kid" cards.  I no longer feel like my case is hopeless.  I've not purchased scores from here, in a while.  I will do that next month when I get everything paid down to where I want it.

All thanks to you guys.  Maybe, at some point...I can get the Barclay Venture!  I need a good travel points card.

Congrats... If they are your oldest accounts, don't close them yet.

Message 2 of 3
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing both Secured Accts

@mechanicaljen wrote:

Barclays, 1000 CL

Capital One, 4000 CL

Overstock, 950 CL

NY&C, 500 CL

Eddie Bauer, 250 CL

Which Overstock card do you have? Is it the First National Bank of Omaha one that comes with a free EX FICO score?

You wil get getting free TU FICO scores from Discover and Barclays. You probably don't need to purchase any scores.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.