New Contributor
ssdc1980

Closing my Cap1 secured card???

I called Cap1 about an hour ago in order to ask a few questions about closing my secured card. But before I could reach an actual human I accidentally closed my secured card via their automated "skynet" system.

After going through a few automated menus finally it said it would connect me with a rep. The system asked me what I was calling in regards to in order to better direct my call and when I said closing my account it responded with "your account has been deactivated. Your refund will be mailed...blah...blah"

The Problem: I had a balance still on the card. Although it was less then the amount of my deposit.

Question: Will them using the security deposit to cover the remaining balance adversely effect me in any way????

I spoke to 2 different CSA who both assured me that this would have no negative effect and that my account would show paid off with perfect payment history. But I figured I would ask everybody here, albeit retroactively... 

Thanks everyone...

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Closing my Cap1 secured card???

When I closed mine, they paid off the balance within about 2 weeks.   If you have a payment due before they apply the payment, I suggest you make it to be sure there is no problems.

They were very slow with the remaining check, I called them to remind them about 2 1/2 months after.

Contributor
DVH1980

When I closed mine I did not have balance but got my check in about 2 weeks.

My wallet:
***Amex BCE 3k***USAA Platinum Visa 12k***Barclays Apple 7500k***Veridian CU 10k***Discover It 10k***Bank of America 8k***Amex Zync***USAA Patinum MC 12k***Navy Federal 20k
New Contributor
ssdc1980

My next payment is due on the 23rd. Should I make a min payment today just incase or will that payment ever go though seeing as how they deactivated my account??

Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

hope they dont jack you up my friend

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Senior Contributor
Wolf3

ssdc1980 wrote:

My next payment is due on the 23rd. Should I make a min payment today just incase or will that payment ever go though seeing as how they deactivated my account??

Your online account should still work to make payments.   I would do it, small price to pay for piece of mind. .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}