cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing my Wells Fargo account today!

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing my Wells Fargo account today!

Well, if you're in TX, there may be some Citibanks down there, right?

That's a shame about the Citi Forward card.  Something sounds screwy there, I would call and ask for a recon, you most likely would be successful.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 34
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

They did post that, but I think that it was most likely not graduated. They gave them a new card and closed the old account. I called the Executive credit management department and they confirmed that they are not graduating anybodys secured card at this time.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: EQ740, EX695
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 34
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

It was when I was asking for the reconsideration that they told me that about my ratios. They also did mention that I had a negative on my credit report. I pointed out that it was over 5 years old, but they were not interested. I politely said thank you and hung up.

Message 13 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Weren't you looking at US Bank for a secured card earlier this year?  They are a highly rated bank, but so is Wells Fargo.

Message 14 of 34
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

I was looking at US bank earlier this year, but I never apped with them. I will check them out. I forgot about them. I was primarily interested in them because of the Harley card.

Thank you.

edit: They do not offer their secured card in Texas.

Message 15 of 34
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@bcdudley wrote:

I was looking at US bank earlier this year, but I never apped with them. I will check them out. I forgot about them. I was primarily interested in them because of the Harley card.

Thank you.

they are very specific of what your credit report needs to look like before they will graduate... I would try to talk to underwriting and get a feel for what those things are (no bk, no collections, score over 680) those sorts of things.

Message 16 of 34
halos24
Frequent Contributor

If you are able to join a CU I would definitely do that!  Due to the recent laws changing I have read and seen that any of those big banks are just horrible to do business with.  With the fees they charge alone I would not even think about it twice banking with any of them.

I have been with my CU for about 5 years now.  They also considered me for one of their Visa's that I just need to have grow with me.  Good luck!

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 17 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

They now have a secured version of the Harley card in addition to unsecured Harley card.   Same rewards.

Message 18 of 34
bcdudley
Regular Contributor

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. The Harley Secured card is available in Texas. I just filled out my app for it and I am sending it in for a $1500 card. I will most likely move my bank account over to Citi or a CU if I can find a good one.

Message 19 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@bcdudley wrote:

Thank you. That is exactly what I was looking for. The Harley Secured card is available in Texas. I just filled out my app for it and I am sending it in for a $1500 card. I will most likely move my bank account over to Citi or a CU if I can find a good one.

I wish they offered the REI or Sports Chalet in secured versions.  

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.