Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing my card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing my card

Hi everyone, I am a very long time lurker here. You all have helped so much through my credit journey and I thank you.

I have what I think is a problem. I got a pop up about 3 weeks ago for redi card by Comenity, I resulted in a hard pull, but it was a ok because they gave me a 6K limit. Now today I get a letter in the mail that as of March 1st this card will no longer be good, because they are doing away with the card. REally?? Im like then why offer it to me. Anyway to make a long story short, can I dispute the inquiry? I get it that I applied for it, but you are closing it within a month of me having it. It just doesnt seem fair. Any thoughts?? Or do I just have to eat the inquiry? Thanks guys for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing my card

You can contact the creditor to see if they are willing to work with you on this, but I'd venture to guess that you're SOL to be honest.  It certainly doesn't hurt to try, though.  Don't sweat a HP though.  IMO they are the most over rated "negative" thing talked about on this forum with respect to scoring when many times they have little to no impact depending on the profile in question.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.