cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing on a house in a week would love to apply for a new card or 2 any suggestions?

tag
Gkanthony
New Contributor

Closing on a house in a week would love to apply for a new card or 2 any suggestions?

After rebuilding my credit i will be able to purchase my first home closing is 6 days.

Current cards

matrix secured discover card 500 (1 yr 2 months old),

cap 1 secured 600(7 months)

emblem card 200 (7 months)

express card (8 months)

My mid credit score right now is 644. I want a real card now. I wanted to apply for a lowes or home depot card but i wanted a real card!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing on a house in a week would love to apply for a new card or 2 any suggestions?

Obviously don't app until you have the keys in your hand, hopefully that much is already clear.

Your scores are probably still borderline for some of the more popular cards, but it may be worth it to list what each bureau has you at. We can probably give you advice based on that. I'd still recommend a Lowe's card, they are backed by GE, they pull TU 100% of the time (this may be good or bad, but at least we know) and they give good limits. As for a non store card, I'd actually recommend a CU card. They'll be able to give you better limits as compared to other cards. If you want a rewards card, I'd think Discover IT would be your most likely card to be approved. I'd do my research on what bureaus they pull however.
  • Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 2 of 3
Gkanthony
New Contributor

Re: Closing on a house in a week would love to apply for a new card or 2 any suggestions?

Thank you Jutz! I have to check with my loan guy tomorrow to know what my other scores are. Ive been watching my middle for so long I forgot about the other 2. I will start with my CU for sure and once I figure out what my other scores are I will update.

Oh and I wont do a thing until I have keys in hand!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.