Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing two chase accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing two chase accounts

If  i close two of my chase accounts that i dont use and have no balance on them etc. do you think that will hurt me from ever getting back in with them. I will still have one account with them. But I dont think the other two are needed. And how much will that affect my credit score. I carry barely any balance on any of my cards.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing two chase accounts

Shouldn't be an issue unless you BK them or let them go to a CO.

If you're closing them make sure to move your CL's to the one you're keeping.  They'll let you move all but $500 on each of them to the card you're keeping.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

If you're closing them make sure to move your CL's to the one you're keeping.  They'll let you move all but $500 on each of them to the card you're keeping.

Great advice!!

Message 3 of 7
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@austinguy907 wrote:

They'll let you move all of it if there hasn't been any activity on the account for 30 days after a $0 statement has cut. Just an FYI, so you don't lose out on $1,000 of credit. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah move the credit lines man.  Have a nice large card. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Poppa
Established Contributor

They'll let you move all of it if there hasn't been any activity on the account for 30 days after a $0 statement has cut. Just an FYI, so you don't lose out on $1,000 of credit. 

That's not always the case. I was able to move all but $500 from my CSP to my freedom even though I had a $0 balance for many months. 

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might want to take a look at 5/24 if you haven't and aren't abusolutely sure that you'll never want the same cards again.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.