Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Sig w/50 K Points

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Sig w/50 K Points

Interesting Card but it isn't discussed on the board. I've heard it offers up to 85k points Smiley Surprised

How does compare to similar products? 

Anybody who has card can share their experience?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Sig w/50 K Points

Joe,

You're correct it is not discussed here much.  International locations can be very limited compared to Marriott and Hilton and US Bank is quircky with approving anything, especially this card.  I just got approved for the Business version last month, the bonus was for 85k bonus (50k after first purchase, 35k after $2500 spend) plus 40k annual bonus and it's only $60 AF.  Some people manage to get the personal plus the business version.  Depending where you stay it can be a good redemption value.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

Joe,

You're correct it is not discussed here much.  International locations can be very limited compared to Marriott and Hilton and US Bank is quircky with approving anything, especially this card.  I just got approved for the Business version last month, the bonus was for 85k bonus (50k after first purchase, 35k after $2500 spend) plus 40k annual bonus and it's only $60 AF.  Some people manage to get the personal plus the business version.  Depending where you stay it can be a good redemption value.

Who offers this?

Message 3 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Joe,

Who offers this?

http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/welcome.do?loc=21603&source=19069&prod=03&redirect=19069&file=&fileAltLang=&exp=&lang=en&referral=employee

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Joe,

Who offers this?

http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credit/welcome.do?loc=21603&source=19069&prod=03&redirect=19069&file=&fileAltLang=&exp=&lang=en&referral=employee

Oh great, US Bank.

Lol..

Message 5 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I heard that many get denials if ARS, Innovis, etc is not frozen and since it is US Bank it can end up with the loewer tier card and less sign up bonus.....this basically kept me away from an app for this card even with a pre-qualified offer. I do not trust US Bank offers ..lol

Message 6 of 8
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Joe,

Wow, good information. What has been your personal experience with the product? There seems to be some 'reservations' about US Bank, now my exposure to them was limited only because they are somewhat of a regional bank and at least at the time I inquired they stated that in order to be considered for the (US Bank) products your zip has to be within a certain radius of a banking center Smiley Frustrated but that was a few years ago.

Otherwise their benefits seem quite competitive well at least for the Carlson..... 85K bonus points Smiley Happy congrats B335is !

Message 7 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@joedtx wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Joe,

Wow, good information. What has been your personal experience with the product? There seems to be some 'reservations' about US Bank, now my exposure to them was limited only because they are somewhat of a regional bank and at least at the time I inquired they stated that in order to be considered for the (US Bank) products your zip has to be within a certain radius of a banking center Smiley Frustrated but that was a few years ago.

Otherwise their benefits seem quite competitive well at least for the Carlson..... 85K bonus points Smiley Happy congrats B335is !

To be honest, Cash+ was an easier approval for me.  I applied for Club Carlson two different times.  Once was instant decline, another time the computer approved, but the analyst revoked the approval.  However, that prodded me to open a checking acct with US Bank and the last few applications (Cash+, Kroger and Club Carlson Business) were all instantly approved and upheld with the full limits and terms intact. 

I really wouldn't even bother applying for a US Bank card unless you have a totally clean CR and minimal recent new accts.  I think the checking acct helped my cause, but I don't know for sure.  I'm picky about which AF cards I keep, but I will probably be keeping this one.

ETA:  I should note, I am also out of their footprint as the closest brach is 250 miles away in Chicago.  I applied for the checking acct online.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.