Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Branded CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Co-Branded CC

Ch7 filed 7 years ago and Chase, Citi, Amex were IIB.  Are co-branded cards affected by any IIB policies of the lender?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Co-Branded CC

Some may let you in sooner but i believe some may still deny based on past experience.
Message 2 of 5
happypill
Valued Contributor

Among the lenders you listed, I think the only exceptions would be the Citi store cards, which are a separate division within the company (not the co-branded cards).  So, their store cards include Best Buy, Sears and Brooks Brothers I believe, and there have been reports of people getting those while still BL for normal Citi cards.  Co-branded cards like Hilton and AA will not let you in sooner.

Message 3 of 5
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@OP;

Citi and Chase (including co-branded) based on numerous posts and threads here might let you back in after 7+ years "if IIB" with a very very strong credit profile and an "Academy Award Winning" Recon. As far as Amex goes, forget it it as you might be looking at a lifetime blacklist though I've read a miraculous approval at 15 years post dc. It's a different story though with CCCs just riding on an Amex network as they are entirely a diff entity just using Amex payment system.

I'm aboard that BK7 ship that's been sailing for some 6+ years now that's how I know.

You might wanna give this thread here a read as it's full of useful infos on apps with bk ;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/m-p/3999737

Best of luck!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JR_TX wrote:
@OP;

Citi and Chase (including co-branded) based on numerous posts and threads here might let you back in after 7+ years "if IIB" with a very very strong credit profile and an "Academy Award Winning" Recon. As far as Amex goes, forget it it as you might be looking at a lifetime blacklist though I've read a miraculous approval at 15 years post dc. It's a different story though with CCCs just riding on an Amex network as they are entirely a diff entity just using Amex payment system.

I'm aboard that BK7 ship that's been sailing for some 6+ years now that's how I know.

You might wanna give this thread here a read as it's full of useful infos on apps with bk ;

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/m-p/3999737

Best of luck!

Sweet.  Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.