Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Branded targeted offer question

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Co-Branded targeted offer question

I just received another 50K RR targeted offer from Chase/Southwest in the mail.

My question is, when something like this is sent out, is it from Chase or is it more from Southwest? Meaning, is this like a soft 'pre-qualfied' offer from Chase? Or is Southwest sending this out and has absolutely NO IDEA of my credit profile, if I would even be approved or not? (Obviously Southwest doesn't do SPs, etc).

I really want to apply for this but I've opened 3 other chase cards since July of last year and hesitent about opening a 4th one. I don't know if the 4th is the issue or if the 5th is the issue. The last approval was in March and it took a long time for someone to manually review. I feel like I was almost declined, probably for new accounts or inquiries.

Are these targeted offers similiar to pre-qualif/pre-approval? Or are they completely different?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Co-Branded targeted offer question

Chase sends them and most likely got your info from Southwest, on these types of offers they are usually blanket and not indivdual pre-app offers. I am BL from Citi for IIB them in 1996 yet I get offers of AA Advantage cards all the time, I just toss them in the trash have no use for Citi. If you already have 3 Chase cards I would fore go this card until at least a year has passed on your other Chase cards. I have read about AA from Chase on 3 accounts+ in one year being opened.

Message 2 of 3
vpae
Established Contributor

Re: Co-Branded targeted offer question

@gdale6 wrote:

Chase sends them and most likely got your info from Southwest, on these types of offers they are usually blanket and not indivdual pre-app offers. I am BL from Citi for IIB them in 1996 yet I get offers of AA Advantage cards all the time, I just toss them in the trash have no use for Citi. If you already have 3 Chase cards I would fore go this card until at least a year has passed on your other Chase cards. I have read about AA from Chase on 3 accounts+ in one year being opened.

Thank you for your response. This makes sense. I will hold of on this card and hope for another 50K RR bonus general offer or targeted offer at the end of the year.

Thanks Smiley Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.