Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coastal Federal Credit Union

tag
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Coastal Federal Credit Union

I tried to join and was denied for membership.  They didn't really say why.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

I tried to join and was denied for membership.  They didn't really say why.

That's interesting.  Was there a CB pull, and if not were you eligible to join by an association membership, etc?

Message 12 of 22
manyquestions
Established Contributor

I joined the American Consumer Council. I've used that for other credit unions without a problem.  Coastal had me fax in my driver license and social security card and then denied me for membership.  So maybe some kind of identity issue? Or maybe they are not trying to be a national credit union. I don't know. You might have better luck.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manyquestions wrote:

I joined the American Consumer Council. I've used that for other credit unions without a problem.  Coastal had me fax in my driver license and social security card and then denied me for membership.  So maybe some kind of identity issue? Or maybe they are not trying to be a national credit union. I don't know. You might have better luck.

Thank you. Was this recently that you could call and find out the reason for denial?  It may be something simple to remedy?

I find it odd that you weren't told to begin with.

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
The 30 swipes to earn APY isn't really competitive with some of the other CU's. I do 12 swipes a month to earn 2.01% with balance up to $50,000. Add the Kasasa saver and spill over up to another $15,000 balancecearning 1.00% on It.

Which CU is yours?

Message 15 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
The 30 swipes to earn APY isn't really competitive with some of the other CU's. I do 12 swipes a month to earn 2.01% with balance up to $50,000. Add the Kasasa saver and spill over up to another $15,000 balancecearning 1.00% on It.

Which CU is yours?

I'm a member of seven. The one giving 2.01 up to $50k is Xcel FCU. A very small CU formerly the Port Authority CU in the trade center, NYC. 

Their phone app is terrible. Lol

I'll put up with it for the APY and small hoops.

Being a member of the American Consumer Council gets you in.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

I'm a member of seven. The one giving 2.01 up to $50k is Xcel FCU. A very small CU formerly the Port Authority CU in the trade center, NYC. 

I found that one, but they don't give any specifics about requirements needed to get 2.01, Weird.

Message 17 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I found that one, but they don't give any specifics about requirements needed to get 2.01, Weird.

All you need to do is 12 debit swipes..easy as pie. Also accept E-statements. That's it..they'll deposit the dividends in your account on the 1st of the month. The first 30 days they waive the swipes.

So far so good. I get about $80 a month just from using their account. Chase and the rest of the big banks can pound sand with their $1.00 returns.  Also they pull EX for membership. It is a HP. Pull is good for 30 days and can be used for other products.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

All you need to do is 12 debit swipes..easy as pie. Also accept E-statements. That's it..they'll deposit the dividends in your account on the 1st of the month. The first 30 days they waive the swipes.

So far so good. I get about $80 a month just from using their account. Chase and the rest of the big banks can pound sand with their $1.00 returns.  Also they pull EX for membership. It is a HP. Pull is good for 30 days and can be used for other products.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Good info to know, thanks! What are requirements for that additional savings account? Also, do you have CC with them? Do they accept swipes if you use their CC's?

P.S. I totally agree about those big banks. They are one BIG JOKE

Message 19 of 22
Gmood1
Super Contributor

No requirement, it's your choice to add the Kasasa saver. You can add it at anytime. When you add it, they automatically transfer your dividends to it monthly. 

They'll send you pre approved offers. I haven't apped for the card.

As far as I know. You must use the debit card. It doesn't matter if it's a $100 or 50 cent. As long as it's 12 of them.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.