cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Blue: Concorduser Center Escapee!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Code Blue: Concorduser Center Escapee!!!

After my room door closed, I escaped through a window and ran straight to Macy's.  I've been a longtime shopper there and I've read so many positive things on the boards about their rewards program.  

One of my favorite parts of the store is the perfume counter.  I really have a weakness for expensive perfume.  Gucci, Dolce, and Prada -- Oh My!  I ended up spending way too much on perfume and then the lady at the counter asked if I wanted to apply for a store card.  As I wavered and tried to recall why I was admitted to the Center (um so I wouldn't app, duh!), the lady mentioned the 20% off I would get on today's purchase and that she would give me a bonus 20%.  I relented and apped for the card and got another bottle of perfume.  (Darn, she was good!)

I was approved on the spot for $600 so at least it wasn't a total waste.  Does this indiscretion mean I will be evicted from the Center?  Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Code Blue: Concorduser Center Escapee!!!

don't worry the staff are still likely focused on my us bank discretion yesterday. congrats! so did that total a 40% discount?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

lurknomore wrote:

I was approved on the spot for $600 so at least it wasn't a total waste.  Does this indiscretion mean I will be evicted from the Center?  Smiley Sad

I'm afraid so.  Congrats on the new card, but the staff has already been informed. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got 20% discount on the spot and the other 20% will be reflected on my statement (supposedly).

cheddar wrote:

lurknomore wrote:

I'm afraid so.  Congrats on the new card, but the staff has already been informed. Smiley Wink

What can I do so that the Center will take me back??  Is this "zero tolerance" policy new?  Whatever happened to second chances? 
Message 4 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I think it's worth the trade off of losing your free room versus a 40 percent discount.
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

lurknomore wrote:

What can I do so that the Center will take me back??  Is this "zero tolerance" policy new?  Whatever happened to second chances? 

The zero tolerance policy has been in effect from day one.  Just ask our founder, who banished himself and has not even given himself a second chance.

Pssst....I agree with FM above. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar wrote:

The zero tolerance policy has been in effect from day one.  Just ask our founder, who banished himself and has not even given himself a second chance.

Pssst....I agree with FM above. Smiley Wink

Oh well, at least I smell really good as I roam the streets free.  And yes, the discount was nice.  In fact, the 20% new account discount is good for two days.  I think I may take another spin around Macy's tomorrow after work.  Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 16
oracles
Valued Contributor

i am happy for you lurk lol, and now i will take your room lol. I promise to not applied for any more credit cards until july 1 2009. thank you lol BTW you kept the room nice and cozy for me lol
Message 8 of 16
GFer
Valued Contributor

oracles took your room and tore my wall down!  Smiley Indifferent
My house smells good!   Smiley Very Happy

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
oracles
Valued Contributor

lol i will be visiting when i come out of the center in july 2009 lol
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.