Frequent Contributor
islandchild82

Re: Code Blue: Concorduser Center Escapee!!!

I don't blame you. 20% and then 20% more? And it's virtually impossible to get discounts on fragrance, so that's a great deal.

Just check back in, and stick to it! :smileyhappy:
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

The 20 percent discount is good for 2 years?

...I really could use a new blazer. And if I PIF it would be a completely free discount.

Help, somebody pinch me before I make a trip up to Macys. I literally live within 100 feet of one.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

[ Edited ]

FretlessMayhem wrote:

...I really could use a new blazer. And if I PIF it would be a completely free discount.

Help, somebody pinch me before I make a trip up to Macys. I literally live within 100 feet of one.

Don't do it!  Which is more important: a 20% discount on a blazer, or your three Amex cards, which you could otherwise continue to enjoy for decades to come?

-cheddar (attempting moral support)

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-02-2008 06:23 AM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

cheddar wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

Don't do it!  Which is more important: a 20% discount on a blazer, or your three Amex cards, which you could otherwise continue to enjoy for decades to come?

-cheddar (attempting moral support)

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-02-2008 06:23 AM

Good point cheddar!

I always wonder about Amex. Given that I run a substantial amount of money through their Gold card every month, I always wonder if that would be enough to keep from AA'ing me if I went on another app spree in the future.

After the FR, and the identity confirmation thing, if they ever give me grief again I will send them a FOAD/ESAD letter.
Here we go again...
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

[ Edited ]

FretlessMayhem wrote:

After the FR, and the identity confirmation thing, if they ever give me grief again I will send them a FOAD/ESAD letter.

I don't blame you.  I've never been FR'd (knock on wood), but if they try that with me just once, I'll have the FOAD in the mail first thing the next morning. :smileyhappy:

I love my Amex card.  I really do.  But not enough to put up with that.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-02-2008 06:45 AM
----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
lurknomore

oracles wrote:
i am happy for you lurk lol, and now i will take your room lol. I promise to not applied for any more credit cards until july 1 2009. thank you lol BTW you kept the room nice and cozy for me lol

This reminds me of the old saying that there's always someone waiting to take your place.  :smileyvery-happy:

I guess I'll get myself together, make new resolutions not to app, and check back into the Center when there's a vacancy.  In the meantime, does anyone have directions to the Sleigh Center?  :smileytongue:
FICO: 8/08 - TU 718; EQ 702; EX 733 (Bonafide 700 club member!)
Next goal: 750s across the board!!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+