cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold apping for the Cap One QS, vs. Venture?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cold apping for the Cap One QS, vs. Venture?

I'm not keeping a database on this, of course, but it seems like I see so many people apping for the QS and getting 3-5k approvals, where others with very similar profiles are getting Ventures for 10-20k SL. I had mid 600 scores across the board when I cold apped for the Venture and Venture 1. I had no preapprovals. Got the Venture for $15k and the V1 for $7.5k within days of each other. I was shocked. I was actually glad I didn't app for the QS first. I've now also got a QS Signature Visa with $11k CL, after combining two old cards and a PC from Journey to the QS. To me it's just something I noticed. If I were looking for the max SL, I would go for the Venture, after what I've seen, vs the QS.. Obviously, if one has a preapproval, that's different, as it's more of a bird in hand. Anyone else notice this too?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cold apping for the Cap One QS, vs. Venture?

I agree. If you are going for a high SL or the Rewards for Traveling then the Venture is definately the best pic. QS for the cash back of course. My scores are actually higher than yours and the only prequal I get from Capital One is for the Platinum Visa. Go figure! So I think cold-apping is plausible. Im actually considering getting the QS,Venture combo soon, but I wanna obtain the Discover iT card. Honestly I dont have a travel card at all which is why Venture makes sense. But since Im gonna take 3 pulls may as well go for 2 cards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.