cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coldwater Creek M/C (Comenity) Resulted in HP!

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Coldwater Creek M/C (Comenity) Resulted in HP!

The Coldwater Creek M/C I was pre-approved for through the shopping cart trick-and wound up calling in b/c of the 7-10 day message I received when I app'ed for it resulted in a HP on Equifax. For that I should have been approved for at least the same as Sportsman's Guide Visa. I guess when i called in it became a cold application. Did not see that one coming or I would have left it where I found it!

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$11K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-
$2.5K ll Wal Mart/GECRB-$900 ll Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll
Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$1K

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Coldwater Creek M/C (Comenity) Resulted in HP!

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

The Coldwater Creek M/C I was pre-approved for through the shopping cart trick-and wound up calling in b/c of the 7-10 day message I received when I app'ed for it resulted in a HP on Equifax. For that I should have been approved for at least the same as Sportsman's Guide Visa. I guess when i called in it became a cold application. Did not see that one coming or I would have left it where I found it!

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$11K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-
$2.5K ll Wal Mart/GECRB-$900 ll Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll
Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$1K

Not all shopping cart tricks with Comenity bankcards will be a SP, Fuel Reward Network is also a HP. Its not clear here if you actually got the card if so you should be aware Coldwater Creek is liable to file BK-7 liquidation in short order. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Coldwater-Creek-Preparing-to-File-for-Liquidation-in-Ba...

Message 2 of 11
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

Not all shopping cart tricks with Comenity bankcards will be a SP, Fuel Reward Network is also a HP. Its not clear here if you actually got the card if so you should be aware Coldwater Creek is liable to file BK-7 liquidation in short order. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Coldwater-Creek-Preparing-to-File-for-Liquidation-in-Ba...

+1.  The co-branded Comenity CCs tend to be HP to open, with some notable exceptions. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 3 of 11
Stralem
Established Contributor

Well, for a $4.5K line, I think the HP was worth it.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 4 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I didn't learn about the bankruptcy until after I posted about the approval yesterday. I think CC is suppose to be a SP with the cart trick b/c originally it only asked for the last 4 of my SSN. But somehow i made it a hard pull when I called in about the 7-10 day message, and was never advised by the CSR that it would be a ding on my CR which they traditionally do in most cases. I'm grateful that it wasn't totally wasted, but just the same for only $4.5K i might have passed on it. I mainly posted this just to let people know to beware if you ever get the 7-10 day message on a cart trick card that it could  result in a HP. if you try to call in for recon.

BUSINESS
Message 5 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Comenity seems to be all over the board with their MC/Visa shopping cart cards.  I was pre-approved for Total Rewards Visa, but a HP showed up the next day.  Others get no HP.  Recently, I completed a full application for Vitacost, got the 7-10 day response and a few days later it was approved with no HP and it's been 3 weeks now.

Message 6 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@B335is: Again I may have triggered it when I called in for recon--and I only called in b/c after reading NUMEROUS threads about SC trick pre-approvals this was the first time I've seen a 7-10 message come up when I applied the other day. If I would have waited, i might have been approved also at a later date and no HP taken. Oh well-it is what it is!

BUSINESS
Message 7 of 11
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

I got the pre-app for the MC version, went through the process and got the 10 day msg Smiley Sad.

Anyone with exp with this...does that mean decline?  I called their number on the website and the rep said that there was no information in the system with my name...so bummed, thought I was good, now a possible HP for nada Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 11
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Jarnog: As long as you didn't give one of the reps your full SSN when you called you probably don't have a HP yet. But if you recon and give it to them, you may end up with a HP just like i did. When I first called I thought I was giving it to them to locate a new account for me, but I think she used it to fill out a cold app for me when I thought she was just having me repeat what I put on the original online application.

BUSINESS
Message 9 of 11
Jarnog
Frequent Contributor

@Credit-hoarder.  Well the rep was nice and said that her system showed the same pre-screen thing that I got and she didn't want to fill out the information because it could cause a problem with the one I already did.  Also, she said it probably wouldn't go through.  She also confirmed with me that the "pre-screened" thing that the reps get doesn't pop for everyone that calls.  She also stated they usually pull EQ.  Guess I'll watch my Score Watch and see if anything pops up.  I was just so excited not to see the "regular" store card offer that I pulled the trigger only to be semi-shot down Smiley Sad LOL.

I was thinking about calling the recon or whatever number just to see if they need more info or something, but now I am a bit scared to do that LOL.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.