Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Established Contributor

Coldwater Creek M/C (Comenity) Resulted in HP!

[ Edited ]

The Coldwater Creek M/C I was pre-approved for through the shopping cart trick-and wound up calling in b/c of the 7-10 day message I received when I app'ed for it resulted in a HP on Equifax. For that I should have been approved for at least the same as Sportsman's Guide Visa. I guess when i called in it became a cold application. Did not see that one coming or I would have left it where I found it!

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$11K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-
$2.5K ll Wal Mart/GECRB-$900 ll Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll
Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$1K

Re: Coldwater Creek M/C (Comenity) Resulted in HP!

Credit-hoarder wrote:

The Coldwater Creek M/C I was pre-approved for through the shopping cart trick-and wound up calling in b/c of the 7-10 day message I received when I app'ed for it resulted in a HP on Equifax. For that I should have been approved for at least the same as Sportsman's Guide Visa. I guess when i called in it became a cold application. Did not see that one coming or I would have left it where I found it!

Discover It-$6K ll Wells Fargo Visa-$6K ll USAA Cash Rew. Visa-$11K ll OCCU Beaver Visa-$1.5K ll AMEX Green-NPSL ll Macy's-
$2.5K ll Wal Mart/GECRB-$900 ll Chase/BP Gas-$500 ll Sears/Citi-$2k ll Pay-Pal Smart Connect/GECRB-$2K ll Best Buy/Citi-$4K ll
Sportsman's Guide Visa-$7K ll Coldwater Creek M/C-$4.5K ll Credit Union Visa-$1K

Not all shopping cart tricks with Comenity bankcards will be a SP, Fuel Reward Network is also a HP. Its not clear here if you actually got the card if so you should be aware Coldwater Creek is liable to file BK-7 liquidation in short order. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Coldwater-Creek-Preparing-to-File-for-Liquidation-in-Ba...

EX Fico 08 BC 08/15: 798 (-8); EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775
EQ Beacon 5.0 12/14 757
TU Fico 8 08/15: 761 (+6)

gdale6 wrote:

Credit-hoarder wrote:

Not all shopping cart tricks with Comenity bankcards will be a SP, Fuel Reward Network is also a HP. Its not clear here if you actually got the card if so you should be aware Coldwater Creek is liable to file BK-7 liquidation in short order. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/Coldwater-Creek-Preparing-to-File-for-Liquidation-in-Ba...

+1.  The co-branded Comenity CCs tend to be HP to open, with some notable exceptions. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 764 (TU08, 8/17/15)
AMEX BCE $13500 | Sallie Mae WMC $12500 | Care Credit $10200 | JCP $8000 | Overstock $5800 | Cap 1 QS $5750 | Discover IT $5500 | Macy's Store $5400 | BofA BBR $5000 | Citi DC WMC $5000 | Walmart Store $5000 | Amazon Store $5000 | Sam's Club MC $4000 | AMEX Costco TE $3500 | Macy's AMEX $3500 | Sony Card $3250 | CU Visa $2500 | Gold Violin $2350 | Target $1000 | ~~Gardening Since 8/26/15
Established Contributor

Well, for a $4.5K line, I think the HP was worth it.

Established Contributor

Yeah, I didn't learn about the bankruptcy until after I posted about the approval yesterday. I think CC is suppose to be a SP with the cart trick b/c originally it only asked for the last 4 of my SSN. But somehow i made it a hard pull when I called in about the 7-10 day message, and was never advised by the CSR that it would be a ding on my CR which they traditionally do in most cases. I'm grateful that it wasn't totally wasted, but just the same for only $4.5K i might have passed on it. I mainly posted this just to let people know to beware if you ever get the 7-10 day message on a cart trick card that it could  result in a HP. if you try to call in for recon.

Community Leader
Super Contributor

Comenity seems to be all over the board with their MC/Visa shopping cart cards.  I was pre-approved for Total Rewards Visa, but a HP showed up the next day.  Others get no HP.  Recently, I completed a full application for Vitacost, got the 7-10 day response and a few days later it was approved with no HP and it's been 3 weeks now.

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

@B335is: Again I may have triggered it when I called in for recon--and I only called in b/c after reading NUMEROUS threads about SC trick pre-approvals this was the first time I've seen a 7-10 message come up when I applied the other day. If I would have waited, i might have been approved also at a later date and no HP taken. Oh well-it is what it is!

Frequent Contributor

I got the pre-app for the MC version, went through the process and got the 10 day msg Smiley Sad.

Anyone with exp with this...does that mean decline?  I called their number on the website and the rep said that there was no information in the system with my name...so bummed, thought I was good, now a possible HP for nada Smiley Sad

Established Contributor

@Jarnog: As long as you didn't give one of the reps your full SSN when you called you probably don't have a HP yet. But if you recon and give it to them, you may end up with a HP just like i did. When I first called I thought I was giving it to them to locate a new account for me, but I think she used it to fill out a cold app for me when I thought she was just having me repeat what I put on the original online application.

Frequent Contributor

@Credit-hoarder.  Well the rep was nice and said that her system showed the same pre-screen thing that I got and she didn't want to fill out the information because it could cause a problem with the one I already did.  Also, she said it probably wouldn't go through.  She also confirmed with me that the "pre-screened" thing that the reps get doesn't pop for everyone that calls.  She also stated they usually pull EQ.  Guess I'll watch my Score Watch and see if anything pops up.  I was just so excited not to see the "regular" store card offer that I pulled the trigger only to be semi-shot down Smiley Sad LOL.

I was thinking about calling the recon or whatever number just to see if they need more info or something, but now I am a bit scared to do that LOL.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.