Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Co. Reneges on AMEX Oasis Promise

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Collection Co. Reneges on AMEX Oasis Promise

ScoreMan wrote:

Also, I'm having trouble quoting people's responses on this forum. If anyone can help me fix THAT problem, it would be a good start! One problem at a time I suppose.

Hit the "reply" link above the avatar of the person you wish to quote.  When you get the reply box, hit the "balloon thingie" (in IE) above the box in which you wish to type your reply.

You can hit the "balloon thingie" several times, and remove the bits of the post you don't want

ScoreMan wrote:

Also, I'm having trouble quoting people's responses on this forum. If anyone can help me fix THAT problem, it would be a good start! One problem at a time I suppose.

That way you can respond to individual sections of the post

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 11 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

- and if you're in Firefox instead, click Reply and when the text box opens up, click the "Quote Post" button at the upper right.

To quote only part of a post, highlight what you don't want, delete it, and the rest will remain. Maybe. FF is a demanding little beast at times.

Oh, and whatever you do, click "Preview Post" at the bottom right before hitting "Submit Post." You can avoid lots of surprises that way.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mean to sound negative here, but NEVER trust a collection agency! Always get it in writing, I have found that even when it is in writing they can and do go back on their word.

I am not familiar with Oasis, I checked the AMEX website, what is it?
Message 13 of 15
Donks3369
Established Contributor

I used to work for a 3rd party collection agency working the AMEX accounts.  We offered the Oasis program but only to accounts over $1000.  Well I think $1000 as the cutoff and the initial credit line on the new Oasis card was half of whatever the balance was on the card that was delinquent.  In short, you are in an uphill battle.  I can't count the number of accounts that we received or lost.  This basically killed the Oasis deal unless the new agency started with a balance over $1000.

So to shorten this up.  If someone owed $20000 to a previous agency, paid it down to $999 and then stopped making payments.  If that account was moved to a different agency, the inial balance would be $999 and no longer eligible for the Oasis.  I know there were some exceptions made, but they were very rare.  AMEX liked to see that people were holding up their end of the deal.  Good luck.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Oasis paperwork had a return address of:

Dept 11576
PO Box 1259
Oaks, PA 19456

HTH
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.