Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection friendly lenders

tag
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Collection friendly lenders

Are there any out the who will approve with unpaid collection on CR?
Would it only be for secured card?
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection friendly lenders

Sure, all banks/CUs can approve at some point, it depends on how old the collection is and the amount. CUs are pretty forgiving if they are 2+ years old.

Message 2 of 7
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I was hoping to hear some specific experiences.
To help avoid HP if it's going to be a guaranteed denial.
But I will have to find out how old they are.
On One CR it is only 2. I know on their other CRs it shows more so I suppose it might depend which gets pulled fir odds of approval to.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What is the collection?

Who is it with? only one?

How much?

What is date it accured and is it reporting every month as collection unpaid or did it stop reporting monthly at some point?

Message 4 of 7
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:
I was hoping to hear some specific experiences.
To help avoid HP if it's going to be a guaranteed denial.
But I will have to find out how old they are.
On One CR it is only 2. I know on their other CRs it shows more so I suppose it might depend which gets pulled fir odds of approval to.

I have several cards from several banks.. 16k in limits with chase over 3 cards. 14.5k with bank of america.. and 2 barclays cards and a couple store cards.. all in a year or so.. i have an unpaid collection for 500 that is about 3 and half years old on all 3 reports.. aside from that my reports are clean..

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 5 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I think I was given a toy limit by Cap1 for their platinum card back in late 2009 or ealry 2010 with collections and baddies from 2008.

Started at $750 and then went up to $1750 about 6 months later. 

Message 6 of 7
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Creditaddict As for reporting how do you know if it stops reporting? They have multiple collections but on EQ only 2. These two are showing on the report so I guess I need to know how to tell the difference between reporting unpaid vs stopped reporting?
I Will try to get the rest of the info on the collections.
I know one is $250 & one is $500.
I think to dispute them might be a good idea too.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.