Frequent Contributor
tempusfugit123

Collections...Credit Cards?

I have 4 collections on my Experian credit report

The first collection I never received a statement
The second collection is they agree once I paid they would delete (next month)
The third I am waiting to see if they will agree with my pay to delete
The fourth the hospital refused to take payment

I am trying to get them all removed

I have credit scores of Tran-656 Equ-626 Exp- 623

I am trying to raise my score to get a good credit card. I had three accounts (Macys, Capital One, Chase) All of them are closed.

I am trying to get a house in 2 years. I dont have any type of credit to help my score. I dont have a car or anything like that.  I really need to fix my credit.

Will collections hinder me from getting a good credit card?
Established Member
lookingfor700

Re: Collections...Credit Cards?

tempusfugit123 wrote:

Will collections hinder me from getting a good credit card?

They have hurt me a little. I have a $30.00 PIF CO from Scanta Engery, that has been bugging me for a while. I had to get that PIF before i closed on my house last year.
   Citi told me that they dont look at Medical collections, so thats a good thing. As i have a few of those. I would try to PFD all i could.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}