cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Me Surprised! I got Credited Back!

tag
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Color Me Surprised! I got Credited Back!

Those crooks that charged me for a service that was not legit are crediting me back! I went all the way to corporate. Serves them right. My account is in process of being credited back the $92 and then after my balance is at $0 I am cancelling!!!

Now, if I had an account for just under a month or about that and cancelled it myself, if the creditors see that... Doesn't it basically 0 itself out. I have a hard time believing if you had a bad experience and cancelled right away it would still affect the credit.. I am going to run my report today though and again in two months to see the score difference, if any. Shocking, but I'm glad they were decent enough to do that for me. I felt robbed. I know we all have at one point or another, but I was getting tired of the BS!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Color Me Surprised! I got Credited Back!

Your post is serious and humorous.  Congrats on getting your money back. 
Message 2 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@theNavigator wrote:

Those crooks that charged me for a service that was not legit are crediting me back! I went all the way to corporate. Serves them right. My account is in process of being credited back the $92 and then after my balance is at $0 I am cancelling!!!

Now, if I had an account for just under a month or about that and cancelled it myself, if the creditors see that... Doesn't it basically 0 itself out. I have a hard time believing if you had a bad experience and cancelled right away it would still affect the credit.. I am going to run my report today though and again in two months to see the score difference, if any. Shocking, but I'm glad they were decent enough to do that for me. I felt robbed. I know we all have at one point or another, but I was getting tired of the BS!

Who was decent enough? myFICO?

Message 3 of 6
MMart078
Regular Contributor

I am wondering the same.
Message 4 of 6
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

Nope! Why would I post here if it was myFICO that did it!!! Smiley Very Happy

LOL It was some BS autocare place. I'll disclose the name once my balance is at $0 and that account is cancelled out. They sure took care of me alright. Smiley Mad

But it's all good now. Cause I took care of it and I'm going to pretend it never happened once the card is cancelled etc. Oh yeah, and I'll be damned if I ever go back to them again!

Message 5 of 6
theNavigator
Regular Contributor

HMM 655 Equifax. I think that's around the same that I was last year, only a slight few point difference. Whatever...

I'm at 17% utl.. I thought under 30% was cool? They want under 7% though. Okay.. Smiley Happy I got that under control soon anyway. Hmm not too bad. Just for a looksy everything looks right.

This was my scores on Jan 2 or so of this year. It's a little bit of a fall, but I'll get it back up there. I plan on paying most of debt off and being mainly debt free this year and pif if anything.

Equifax - 668. Transunion - 657. Experian - 659.

Message Edited by theNavigator on 12-08-2009 09:03 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.