Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Barclay cards?

tag
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

Combine Barclay cards?

Would you if in my shoes combine an Arrival+ card and a Jet blue world elite card into one? The arrival is 13 months old 0 balance $750 limit. The Jet Blue is 8 months old and a $2650 limit 0 balance. I do not see the need to have 2 unless you all feel it will be best to have 2 for faster cli's. I was looking into combining the arrival into the Jets blue for a limit of $3400. Thanks
Credit conscience!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Re: Combine Barclay cards?

Yes. It's possibe to consolidate the credit lines at the expense of one being closed as a result. Why not try to call in to see if there are any SP offers to increase one of the credit lines. Or even take a HP to increase one or both then consolidate.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would, especially if you fly jetBlue enough to warrant it. I just got the jetBlue Plus, and I anticipate it being my daily driver for awhile. I might consider the Arrival + down the road because of the bonus, but if I do that I will eventually roll it into the jetBlue. Smiley Happy

+1 to trying to get SP CLIs first.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would, but I always combine cards unless the rewards are both super valuable to me. I'd rather spend more on one card than spend the same amount on 2.
Message 4 of 5
michaels88369
Frequent Contributor

I just took a HP yesterday to get a $650 increase on the Jet Blue card. The only SP offers I had was for lower interest rate on the Blue from 23% to 20% and the arrival+ went from 21% to 18%. They then added a 0% onto the arrival+ until 09-01-2017. They wouldn't use the same HP to increase the arrival+ at all :/
Credit conscience!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.