Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Citi cards limit together?

tag
physignathus
New Contributor

Combine Citi cards limit together?

Hi Ficoers, Is it still possible to combine citi cards limit together? I have no use for my Citi Thankyou Premier and would like to transfer entirely limit to my Citi Advantage card. I called the CS but they said they were no longer doing that. If possible, can any one please PM me the EO number so I can call? Thanks in advantage.

EX: 704, EQ: 728, TU: 702. AAoA: 2.8 y
Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Combine Citi cards limit together?

Ask for a supervisor and they can do it. Some customer service representatives either don't know or don't feel like going through the process. They have to fill out a form and submit it to the underwriters and it's usually done in one business day. They do require a hard inquiry to do it, so you may want to ask for an increase on the AAdvantage first and then do this so you're gaining something.

Message 2 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, your account combination outcome may be a YEMV situation (even if you engage a supervisor or account manager) - also depends on your history with Citi.  In the event the outcome doesn't yield anthing positive, then reach out to the EO (refer to the Backdoor Numbers sticky) to see if they can assist.

Message 3 of 8
physignathus
New Contributor

Thanks you for your reply. I called and talked to the supervisior but he said due to the new credit card law, they couldnot combine limit of cards together. By any chances, any of you can provide me the EO number? Thanks you

Amex Business Platinum: NPSL, Chase Riz 24k,Chase United Club 20k, Paypal MC 40k, Discover 22k, Citi Advantage 31.5k, Amex BCE 33k.
Message 4 of 8
physignathus
New Contributor

Just call the Citi EO number provided in backdoor thread. They transfered me to the credit department and the CS there said they had to do HP to get the combine. Also, they only allow to move portion of my Thankyou Premier to my Citi Advanatage and they need 2 business day to review to make a decision. I will update the result. 

Message 5 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@physignathus wrote:

Just call the Citi EO number provided in backdoor thread. They transfered me to the credit department and the CS there said they had to do HP to get the combine. Also, they only allow to move portion of my Thankyou Premier to my Citi Advanatage and they need 2 business day to review to make a decision. I will update the result. 

That sounds about right for the current combo process.  In the past, and IME, there was no HP and they were able to reallocate/combine the entire CL from one card to the other but things have changed.

Message 6 of 8
physignathus
New Contributor

I get successfully to transfer 8000 limit from TY to my AAdvantage card. Not bad for 80% overall. Thanks you for reading.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad it worked out for you and you didn't lose much CL!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.