Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine USAA credit limits

tag
paulbrapp
New Contributor

Combine USAA credit limits

So I have a world MC since july of last year 7.5k.  I asked for CLI in Feb...denied.  So being annoyed about that I app'd for the Amex (same pull)..approved 8.5k.  I don't really need or even want 2 cards so I am thinking of sending a secured message asking them to move limit from Amex to the MC.  I've had 2 statements cut.

Any chance they just close the amex on me upon my request?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combine USAA credit limits

I asked USAA the same question a few months ago and was told "they don't do that".  But, go ahead and ask, I am interested in hearing the answer.

Please post an update!

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 2 of 4
paulbrapp
New Contributor

I've searched in this forum and in others and have seen people combine limits before.  I was just worried about them just trying to close it since I have only had it a few months.

Message 3 of 4
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I tried to get them to move my MC limit ($4k) to my AMEX (also $4k) but they would not do it.  They said because of the CARD act that they no longer combined limits and that they used to have a lot more flexibility.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.