Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining AmEx CLs

tag
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Combining AmEx CLs

I've got the AmEx TE and just got myself a AmEx Delta Gold. When my first year is up and I have to dish out however much it is for the AmEx Delta AF, is it possible to combine the CLs from the two cards onto my AmEx TE? Say I've got a $10k CL on TE and a $10k CL on Delta Gold, can I cancel the Delta Gold and transfer the CL onto my TE to get a $20k CL?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining AmEx CLs

jaybird201 wrote:
I've got the AmEx TE and just got myself a AmEx Delta Gold. When my first year is up and I have to dish out however much it is for the AmEx Delta AF, is it possible to combine the CLs from the two cards onto my AmEx TE? Say I've got a $10k CL on TE and a $10k CL on Delta Gold, can I cancel the Delta Gold and transfer the CL onto my TE to get a $20k CL?

You can allocate CLs among different Amex cards directly on the website.  You must keep a minimum of $1K CL on each card.  So the most you'd be able to put on the Costco card would be $19K, leaving $1K on the Delta.

Message 2 of 4
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jaybird201 wrote:

You can allocate CLs among different Amex cards directly on the website.  You must keep a minimum of $1K CL on each card.  So the most you'd be able to put on the Costco card would be $19K, leaving $1K on the Delta.

Completely agree. Also, you can't close one card to allocate the other $1000 either. If you close a card with a $1000, the $1000 goes down the toilet with the card and can't be allocated elsewhere.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes - unfortunately amex won't let you transfer the last 1K - I tried to do it over the phone, so I figured I'd keep the account open anyway. Maybe I'll be able to do something useful with an Amex Blue (when they convert it from the inNYC card) later on in a couple of months.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.