Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Cap One Cards

tag
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Combining Cap One Cards

Looking to combine my two QS1s into one but confused on if doing so will waste my credit steps. My QS1 that I've had for a year is in another credit steps, instead of giving me a cli they sent an email saying that make another 6 months of payments of at least 100 or current balance they'll increase limit. Im looking to combine it with my other QS1 also a year old but I've read that combining limits restarts the cli clock. Does anyone think that me combining limits will cancel out the credit steps I'm in now or would I still get that cli in another 3 months?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Cap One Cards

@jrrsmith18 wrote:
Looking to combine my two QS1s into one but confused on if doing so will waste my credit steps. My QS1 that I've had for a year is in another credit steps, instead of giving me a cli they sent an email saying that make another 6 months of payments of at least 100 or current balance they'll increase limit. Im looking to combine it with my other QS1 also a year old but I've read that combining limits restarts the cli clock. Does anyone think that me combining limits will cancel out the credit steps I'm in now or would I still get that cli in another 3 months?

Yes, it will affect it.  Wait for the 3 months to get the CLI if it is important for you.  Remember, the credit game is all about patience and strategy.

Message 2 of 4
jrrsmith18
Contributor

Dang was afraid someone was going to say that lol. Just trying to improve profile with larger limit cards. On the flip side though could this be similar to where people have gotten cli like 2 months after they got their card and still received the credit steps?
Message 3 of 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@jrrsmith18 wrote:
Dang was afraid someone was going to say that lol. Just trying to improve profile with larger limit cards. On the flip side though could this be similar to where people have gotten cli like 2 months after they got their card and still received the credit steps?

No, that only happpens with the first CLI usually. After that, they're pretty firm on 6 months. 

Don't combine until you get your CLI's. I have two QS1 cards that I am waiting for another round of CLI's on before combining. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.