Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining CapOne Plat and QS concerns

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining CapOne Plat and QS concerns

They refuse to waive my annual fee on my QS1 but I dont want to close it because it is my second odest card. 

I keep hoping they will allow me to up grade it.

sad thing is I have AMex with way higher limits, and discover with way higher limits, hell I even have a no annual fee QS world elite but still they say sorry you dont qualify for an upgrade!!! Smiley Frustrated

Message 11 of 13
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I did this very thing from my Cap1 Plat to Cap1 QS.  Pretty darn easy.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 12 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Don't give up on that QS1 to QS upgrade... my own took a while, but it was worth it (to me).  Smiley Happy

This summer the account will be 10 years old, and since it's quite a bit older than my other (mostly recent) major cards I plan to hang on to it to give the others time to catch up.  (There's no AF and it still gets CLIs, so why not?)

I'll only add that even if you can't get upgraded right away always ask for a waiver on the AF... they will many times say yes, and even when I couldn't get the entire fee waived they would usually waive half of it (which is still better than nothing).  I'll also add that they can't waive (or adjust) the AF until it posts... you can't get them to waive it proactively (or at least I never could).

Here's the thread from last year with data points on my own upgrade:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Capital-One-QS1-to-QS-PC-Finally/td-p/4460966

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.