Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Chase CL's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Chase CL's

@donny10 how did the partial transfer and close affect your credit? I just went that route as the rep said that's what I could do. I did it anyway as I don't need a csp and csr but now I'm seeing that other than a payment paid, I was within the 30 days (12 days early). I guess I could have waited as the card was just sitting with a zero balance

would it affect me adversely or is it somewhat the same as full transfer and close.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not done anything yet, I was asking for advice. WHEN I do it will be a full transfer and close.
Message 12 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Definitely you can. I've closed one of my Chase CC and transferred all the CL to the other card. I plna to do so and beef up my Sapphire CC. I have two Freedom cards, not used often.

Message 13 of 19
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good info in this thread.

Slightly off topic question here.  If you apply for two Chase cards at the same time, do you get hit with double HPs or do they go off of one HP for the two accounts?  From what I understand, Chase cards are rather slow growers and for the most part you have to take a HP in order to achieve a CLI.  I'm wondering if an alternate strategy would be to apply for 2 Chase cards (the one you want and another than you don't really care about) and then transfer the limit from the one you don't want to the one you actually wanted.  If the original app for the 2 cards didn't result in double pulls, this could save an inquiry... of course at the expense of having another account on your report that lowers your AAoA. 

I app'ed for two cards, moments apart. I took one HP for both.

ETA:  also transferred limits (for UTL purposes) easy peasy  to take advantage of 0% balance transfer with $0 fee

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lhcole77 wrote:

So it is possible then to grab two Chase cards and only receive a single HP.  Good to know. 

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks that way.
Message 16 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

So it is possible then to grab two Chase cards and only receive a single HP.  Good to know. 

If you are luck then yes. For me each and every card application for a Chase card resulted in a double pull on EX and EQ. Freedom was even a quad pull !   I did it 4 times and all 4 were double pulls.  But it does not matter to me as EQ nobody but Chase is pulling for me... so at least I keep EQ pulls alive leveled out  with my Chase apps Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would definitely go with the double browser method and submit the apps 1-2 seconds apart max to give the best odds of the least amount of pulls.

Message 18 of 19
havoc
Valued Member

Applied on my laptop last monday night for CSR, 90% sure would be turned down for 5/24. But said "let's just see", HP on transunion (741 score) and 7-10 message, no surprise there. About 10 minutes later get on iphone and apply for Ritz, approved 28k, no additional HP. So even though I didn't get 2 cards with 1 HP, I actually applied for 2 with only 1 HP.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.