Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Chase Cards - Flag a review?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Chase Cards - Flag a review?

I'm trying to get rid of a lot of my unnecessary cards without reducing my available credit, so I've been trying to condense cards with the same lender.

I have a Chase Freedom with a $10,000 limit, and a CSP with a $9,600 (annoying) limit. 

If I contact Chase, do you think they would be willing to reallocate my CSP to make a $19,000 CL Freedom, closing my CSP?

I'm curious if this would raise flags. I've re-allocated with them before, but nothing on this scale.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
amakol
Regular Contributor

Re: Combining Chase Cards - Flag a review?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm trying to get rid of a lot of my unnecessary cards without reducing my available credit, so I've been trying to condense cards with the same lender.

I have a Chase Freedom with a $10,000 limit, and a CSP with a $9,600 (annoying) limit. 

If I contact Chase, do you think they would be willing to reallocate my CSP to make a $19,000 CL Freedom, closing my CSP?

I'm curious if this would raise flags. I've re-allocated with them before, but nothing on this scale.

They'll have no problem doing it for you. No red flags - they're already exposed $19.6K to you, number of lines is largely irrelevant. Congrats on the great CL Freedom.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 2 of 4
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Chase will do that for you but if you keep CSP then I would also keep Freedom and rack up points with the 5% categories.  In your shoes I would only reallocate limit from Freedom to CSP but keep it.  .....but whatever you decide - Chase will be happy to do it Smiley Happy

edit: sorry never mind ...just saw that you plan to close CSP and keep only Freedom Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 4
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@bonehead88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They'll have no problem doing it for you. No red flags - they're already exposed $19.6K to you, number of lines is largely irrelevant. Congrats on the great CL Freedom.

If you have visa sigs, the lending department will have no problem.

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.