Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Chase Cards

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Combining Chase Cards

I have a freedom $1500 CL and a Slate $1000 -- I got the slate in November due to the 15 months 0% Balance transfer and purchases. 

I called Chase today and spoke to a CSR who said i can move my slate over into my Freedom seeing i have 0 Balance on both. I asked if that would take my CL on my freedom to $2500 and he said thats correct.. should i move my slate to my freedom?or the other way round? It feels like Freedom is the better card?

The reason is I feel like i have too many CC , i have a total of 10 right now. want to bring the amount down and have higer limits. I also asked about a CLI in March when my 1 year hits he said i can do that and it would be a soft pull? Is this right because everything i hear about Chase its always a HP? should i wait till March , call the backdoor and ask for a PC and a CLI?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Combining Chase Cards

I think you should move your Slate CL to your Freedom because of the rewards associated with this card if you are done with the Slate's BT offer because this card is geared towards BT's and the introductory 0% interest rate. 

Usually a lot of members state Chase says you must leave at least $500 on one card, but if they offer to transfer all I would take it and run!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 4
remarc
Regular Contributor

I still have about 10 months left of the 0% on the slate.

I heard that u needed to leave 500 on a card. The rep said nothing about that. But he also did say a possible CLI would be a soft pull which I hear its always a HP. So I'm wondering about it all. Maybe I will call up another time & ask the same question.
Message 3 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I still have about 10 months left of the 0% on the slate.

I heard that u needed to leave 500 on a card. The rep said nothing about that. But he also did say a possible CLI would be a soft pull which I hear its always a HP. So I'm wondering about it all. Maybe I will call up another time & ask the same question.

Yes you should call them because speculation will not let you sleep! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.