Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Citi CL

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Combining Citi CL

Any recent experience on this? I would love to combine two citi cards both are not co-branded.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: Combining Citi CL

I just did that about 2 months ago, cancelled my citi platinum MC and moved the CL over to my Citi Dividend account, no problems, very easy, just call and ask.

Message 2 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

I just did that about 2 months ago, cancelled my citi platinum MC and moved the CL over to my Citi Dividend account, no problems, very easy, just call and ask.

I asked regular CSR they said no.. go figured. Who did you talk with?

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@armbenderc wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I would try again and ask to speak to an account manager.  If that fails, you can try the Citi EO.

Message 4 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I would try again and ask to speak to an account manager.  If that fails, you can try the Citi EO.

Does Citi have a timeframe an account must be opened before they allow this?

Message 5 of 14
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

great info! Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I guess OP didn't mention on the initial post so I missed this piece.

OP - which two Citi CCs are you attempting to combine CLs and how old is each?  Also, are there any active balances (or any promotional APR balance) on any of those two CCs?

Message 7 of 14
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

OP - which two Citi CCs are you attempting to combine CLs and how old is each?  Also, are there any active balances (or any promotional APR balance) on any of those two CCs?

I'm trying to move the hardly use Citi Platinum MC ('11) to the new City TY Preferred (aug)

Message 8 of 14
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

I just talked to the CSR and she did it, granted both accounts were old and the one I closed had no usage for a few months, but when I did it they did not make a big deal out of it....Sorry I do not know what the criteria was, it just happened.....

Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@armbenderc wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

I'm trying to move the hardly use Citi Platinum MC ('11) to the new City TY Preferred (aug)

If the recipient card is new, in this case your Citi TYP, it will likely not be doable or elegible.  If it were post the 12-month mark, then yes.  Their PC/CL consolidation policies tend to fluctuate frequently.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.