Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Credit Limits (Chase)

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

Re: Combining Credit Limits (Chase)

there is no set time frame, they wouldnt give me a cli so i opened a new card and activated the card. Called and transfered the limit over. They dont want to see pending authorizations or usage for 30 days though

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 11 of 15
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

I just moved some of the limit from my Chase Amazon Visa to my Slate last night. It was a simple process, just a phone call. I would have had to leave a minimum limit of $500 on the Amazon in order to keep it open, which wasn't an issue, since I was leaving more than that.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 12 of 15
GeneralCucumbre
Regular Contributor

I LITERALLY JUST DID THIS about 30 minutes ago.  I just closed a Freedom Visa today that I opened up a few months ago.  I called up today after the payment had posted and the account had a $0 balance.  I transferred all of the credit limit over from the Freedom to my Sapphire and closed out the Freedom...it took no longer than about 5 minutes, very friendly customer service.  And also, the card doesn't have to be inactive for 30 days, it just has to have a $0 balance (so that they can close it out and transfer all of the limit).  I can verify this because I used my Chase Freedom like last week.

AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL | AMEX Everyday - $60,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited Visa Signature - $49,500 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $27,300 | USAA Platinum Visa - $26,000
Message 13 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

I LITERALLY JUST DID THIS about 30 minutes ago.  I just closed a Freedom Visa today that I opened up a few months ago.  I called up today after the payment had posted and the account had a $0 balance.  I transferred all of the credit limit over from the Freedom to my Sapphire and closed out the Freedom...it took no longer than about 5 minutes, very friendly customer service.  And also, the card doesn't have to be inactive for 30 days, it just has to have a $0 balance (so that they can close it out and transfer all of the limit).  I can verify this because I used my Chase Freedom like last week.

I JUST did this a few minutes ago as well once I got the OK that you could do it! They had no problem moving my credit line over despite the fact that my accounts were only a few weeks old! This is soo much better than having the two cards and trying to keep up with them. And now I have more than a generous limit from Chase! Thank you Chase!!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 15
KS13
Established Member

Just got credit moved from Freedom account to Sapphire Preferred

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.