Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Credit Limits (Chase)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Credit Limits (Chase)

I have 2 chase cards, and I think it makes more sense to just have 1 to focus spend to maximize on rewards. Anyways, anyone have issues doing this before? Seems like a simple combination of both limits onto one card.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Combining Credit Limits (Chase)

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 chase cards, and I think it makes more sense to just have 1 to focus spend to maximize on rewards. Anyways, anyone have issues doing this before? Seems like a simple combination of both limits onto one card.

I don't have a Chase card myself but I have heard that while many CCC doesn't let you combine CLs, Chase does!

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just did it the other day - I combined my Amazon.com and Freedom card.  Call their credit consolidation department at 800.219.0015 - you shouldn't have any problems...  Good luck!

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just did it the other day - I combined my Amazon.com and Freedom card.  Call their credit consolidation department at 800.219.0015 - you shouldn't have any problems...  Good luck!

Just wondering, was it a hard pull? Did they let you choose which card to keep?

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No hard pull or anything - they just ask which card you would like keep and you're done.  The only caveat is that you can't have a balance on the card you are getting rid of - they will not transfer the balance to the other card only combine the CL's and cancel out the card you don't want.

Message 5 of 15
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Glad I stumbled on this thread.

My wife has a Chase Freedom (Former Providian,WAMU), opened in 2000, $8014 CL and a Chase Platinum Visa (Former WAMU), opened in 2007, $3500 CL.

We rotate between The Freedom and PenFed Cash Visa for the rewards. PIF every month. This is working very well for us and I'm happy. However, the Chase Platinum is useless for us, having to maintain it, charging a $6.00 car wash every 2-3 months. I wanted to get rid of it for a long time but didn't want to loose the CL. Then I read this thread about them combining cards. I called this morning and the very nice lady checked and said sure no problem. But she said she could only transfer 3K out of the 3.5K. I said that was fine.

Now I got rid of a useless card and got a CLI on a very useful account, Chase Freedom, $11014.00.00 CL. I'm a happy camperSmiley Happy

Thanks to all the knowledgeable people on this forum, I am now a much more informed consumer of credit.

Just ten years ago, I don't think I  knew what a FICO score was. And if I did, I didn't care.

Thanks all!

Equifax- 710

Transunion-754

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OTR, glad it worked out for you!!!

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My case is different. 

* I have Freedom VISA and Freedom World MC (it was simple Freedom MC, one day, Chase PC'd without asking me).

* The rep told me it must be same VISA or MC to combine. 

* Also they look at rewards program and APR too.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, I wonder if it has to do with the types of limits? In my case I would want to take a visa signature limit to a world mastercard, but I believe both are "flex limits" or whatever they are called.

Message 9 of 15
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Resurrecting this thread from 2011.

If anyone knows how long you must have the two cards you are trying to combine before calling to combine the cards? I would like to combine my Chase Freedom and Chase Amazon and keep my Freedom card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.