cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Credit limits instead of just cancelling.

tag
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combining Credit limits instead of just cancelling.

Thank for clearing up that wait period Smiley Happy  Thats good to know in case I choose to do this exact same thing.

Message 11 of 12
cottontop
Contributor

Re: Combining Credit limits instead of just cancelling.

I just combined a few minutes ago.  Couple of notes.... I sent a secured message a couple weeks ago inquiring about it and was given the number 800-219-0015 to call to handle the matter.  Today, had some extra time and called.  The card I was closing was opened in Feb and had a $25 balance on the bill cut on the 4th.  I paid it online the same day.  Today, it showed up $0 balance and all credit available.  The account services rep asked which card I wanted to close, which to combine with, and put me on hold.  Came back in 2 min, said no problem and transferred the entire line... and the card being closed had been very active the past 60 days.  So... YMMV, but try the above number.

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.