Established Contributor
Brusilov

Combining HSBC Cards

[ Edited ]

I have two HSBC RewardZone cards (one without an AF, one with a $39/yr fee). I just paid the balance off on my old one and am wondering how friendly HSBC is about combining cards, or if I closed the old one would they give a CLI on the new?

$17.3K          $500              $7K              $15K              $5K             $2300          $3200          $2000          $1500          $1000           $8100

Garden Since: 9.25.2013
Contributor
wajj

Re: Combining HSBC Cards

I had two low limit HSBC issued Orchard cards -- one a vanilla MC with a $500 limit, the other a 2% cash back Platinum Visa with a $800 limit, both with $39 annual fees.  Last summer, I called a asked about combining the MC into the Visa.  At that time, I was told it was no problem, there was a form to fill out, and no guarantee that my resulting CL would be the sum of the 2 existing ones.  Went ahead and did the combine.  Took about 1 week for the form to arrive which was a very bare bones form just verifying that I was requesting the combination.  Mailed it back and it took another 3 to 4 weeks until the card combine was completed.  Managed to get the full $1300 CL on the 2% cash back card.  The MC was reporting as an open line with a $0 CL for another 8 months.  No hard pull and except for the slow pace of the entire process, it was painless.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}