Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining HSBC Credit Cards Question

tag
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Combining HSBC Credit Cards Question

I recently app'd for the Best Buy store card.  Was declined because I have the max numebr of HSBC cards allowed.  Didn't realize that Best Buy store card was also HSBC until I got the inquiry alert.  Yeah!  Anywho's, couldn't get the card I wanted becuase of cards that don't really do anything for me anyways. 

I have:

HSBC Platinum Visa - CL of $700

HSBC Mastercard - CL of $600

HSBC Best Buy Rewards Zone MC - CL of $500

All carry a zero balance.  I'd much rather have one card with a limit of $1800 than 3 cards with lower limits that are going nowhere.  Anyone been successful recently with combing their HSBC accounts?  If so, did it create a whole new account (lowering AAoA)? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
vish1
Valued Contributor

Re: Combining HSBC Credit Cards Question

You already have Best buy card so you should have probably read the terms. Anyway, this is a kind of oversight which happens all the time to everyone (probably a bit more often with me).

You should try calling HSBC to see if they will combine your cards or pc one of them to BB store card. I don't know what other cards you carry, but if you have some good cards, you may be able to get rid of one of their cards and apply a BB store card.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 2 of 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I completely missed the fact that the BB store card is also backed by HSBC.  Grrrr!  And was punished with an unnecessary inquiry, losing a point with EQ. 

I also have a Juniper/Barclay Card, Macys, JcP, Dell, Target, MilStar.  So I don't NEED the HSBC cards.  They were rebuilders and went to cancel them a year and a half ago and they waived the AF's so I kept them.  No CLI's since then.  I rotate them and charge one tank of gas every month then PIF.  Started at 500 on the MC and Visa and 300 on the BBRZ, go them in 2007.  As you can see, not much has happened with them.  If I close them it'll mess with my uti as I have balances on a couple of the other cards.  I honestly really don't want the BB store card now knowing it's backed by HSBC.  Just opened a savings account with NavyFed so I think I'm going to wait a few months and build some history with them and bring my current uti (47%) down and app for one of their cc.  I was just curious if anyone has had any luck combining their HSBC accounts, and their experiences in doing so. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 3 of 4
Lawstudent007

Bumping because I'm also interested in combining my 2 HSBC (Orchard bank) cards. Both are gold visa cards; one CL is 400 and the other is 500.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.