Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining HSBC & cap one

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Combining HSBC & cap one

Anyone know of or have a idea if HSBC & cap one cards will be able to be combined together?

I have Capitol one card with a crappy $750 limit - a HSBC Bestbuy store card with $1350 & I made the mistake when I didn't know better & got a Bestbuy Rewardzonw MasterCard with $800

I would love to combine these all together or at least the two mastercards. Anyone heard of anything in the future,?

If nothing happens by march of next year I'm going to cancel the two mastercards. Both have a AF of $39

Cheers
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Combining HSBC & cap one

Had they been just regular Cap1 and HSBC cards I would say it could be possible in the future, but since it is a best buy branded credit card I doubt it would ever be a possibility. 

Message 2 of 10
remarc
Regular Contributor

What if Bestbuy goes bankrupt which Ive heard rumors.
Message 3 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:

then i guess we should all buy tv's now since we wont have to pay for them =___=

no but seriously like stated combining a bradend card with a bank card sounds like a no go. 

i dont have and capone cards but would be nice to take that limit to a real card that i can use anywhere. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@remarc wrote:

Doesn't matter if bestbuy goes bankrupt Smiley Tongue If it does, your best buy card would be closed, and your BBRZMC would most likely be changed to some other card that they could charge you an exorbitant AF for. 

Message 5 of 10
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@remarc wrote:

Doesn't matter if bestbuy goes bankrupt Smiley Tongue If it does, your best buy card would be closed, and your BBRZMC would most likely be changed to some other card that they could charge you an exorbitant AF for. 

true unless some other electronics retailer comes in and buys out the companies assets and keeps it alive. The BBRZMC bussiness is probably pretty sweet thanks to it having high APR,  AF  and usable as a MC anywhere. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 10
remarc
Regular Contributor

Thing is I've had the crap one for 3 years nearly with only 1 credit limit increase as part of the credit steps. I have other cards. Chase & discover with much higher CL $2000 +.
Just trying to think of reason & be optimistic instead of closing them all when the annual fee comes around

I will keep the bb store card as its pretty convinent & no AF
Message 7 of 10
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@remarc wrote:
Thing is I've had the crap one for 3 years nearly with only 1 credit limit increase as part of the credit steps. I have other cards. Chase & discover with much higher CL $2000 +.
Just trying to think of reason & be optimistic instead of closing them all when the annual fee comes around

I will keep the bb store card as its pretty convinent & no AF

I'd definitely keep the BB store card for the same-as-cash interest free offers they run frequently.....

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Which card do you have, the regular plat? 

I would ask them to waive AF, and if they wouldn't I would close it (provided you have enough available credit that your util wouldn't take a hit) and the card will continue to report as a positive TL (so long as you pay any balance before you close it) for 10 years. 

Cap1s prime cards are supposed to be really great, but their rebuilder/builder cards tend to go unnoticed by their CLI dept Smiley Tongue 

Message 9 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I'd definitely keep the BB store card for the same-as-cash interest free offers they run frequently.....

its more then regular. 

they offer it on purchases over 400. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.