Regular Contributor
remarc

Combining HSBC & cap one

Anyone know of or have a idea if HSBC & cap one cards will be able to be combined together?

I have Capitol one card with a crappy $750 limit - a HSBC Bestbuy store card with $1350 & I made the mistake when I didn't know better & got a Bestbuy Rewardzonw MasterCard with $800

I would love to combine these all together or at least the two mastercards. Anyone heard of anything in the future,?

If nothing happens by march of next year I'm going to cancel the two mastercards. Both have a AF of $39

Cheers
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: Combining HSBC & cap one

Had they been just regular Cap1 and HSBC cards I would say it could be possible in the future, but since it is a best buy branded credit card I doubt it would ever be a possibility. 

Regular Contributor
remarc

What if Bestbuy goes bankrupt which Ive heard rumors.
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

remarc wrote:

then i guess we should all buy tv's now since we wont have to pay for them =___=

no but seriously like stated combining a bradend card with a bank card sounds like a no go. 

i dont have and capone cards but would be nice to take that limit to a real card that i can use anywhere. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 8/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/05/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

remarc wrote:

Doesn't matter if bestbuy goes bankrupt :smileytongue: If it does, your best buy card would be closed, and your BBRZMC would most likely be changed to some other card that they could charge you an exorbitant AF for. 

Valued Contributor
jamesdwi

jsucool76 wrote:

remarc wrote:

Doesn't matter if bestbuy goes bankrupt :smileytongue: If it does, your best buy card would be closed, and your BBRZMC would most likely be changed to some other card that they could charge you an exorbitant AF for. 

true unless some other electronics retailer comes in and buys out the companies assets and keeps it alive. The BBRZMC bussiness is probably pretty sweet thanks to it having high APR,  AF  and usable as a MC anywhere. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSP 10k & Freedom 6.6k & Amtrak 4.6k, FNBO DISC 14.9k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 15k & Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Zync NPSL, Sams Club MC 10k, Paypal Extras MC 6k, CapOne QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 3.9k, Walmart 4.5k, Citi Simplicity 7k, HHonors Gold 1k (moved 5k CL to Simplicity), Discover IT 6.5k and a nice stack of store cards.
Last APP 4/26//2014 no plans for new credit I think I have enough.
Regular Contributor
remarc

Thing is I've had the crap one for 3 years nearly with only 1 credit limit increase as part of the credit steps. I have other cards. Chase & discover with much higher CL $2000 +.
Just trying to think of reason & be optimistic instead of closing them all when the annual fee comes around

I will keep the bb store card as its pretty convinent & no AF
Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

remarc wrote:
Thing is I've had the crap one for 3 years nearly with only 1 credit limit increase as part of the credit steps. I have other cards. Chase & discover with much higher CL $2000 +.
Just trying to think of reason & be optimistic instead of closing them all when the annual fee comes around

I will keep the bb store card as its pretty convinent & no AF

I'd definitely keep the BB store card for the same-as-cash interest free offers they run frequently.....

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Which card do you have, the regular plat? 

I would ask them to waive AF, and if they wouldn't I would close it (provided you have enough available credit that your util wouldn't take a hit) and the card will continue to report as a positive TL (so long as you pay any balance before you close it) for 10 years. 

Cap1s prime cards are supposed to be really great, but their rebuilder/builder cards tend to go unnoticed by their CLI dept :smileytongue: 

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

injustifiiable wrote:

I'd definitely keep the BB store card for the same-as-cash interest free offers they run frequently.....

its more then regular. 

they offer it on purchases over 400. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 8/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/05/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+