Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining Orchard Bank cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Combining Orchard Bank cards?

I have 2 Orchard Bank cards. One has an AF which will be due in a couple of months. The other, that I have had for over 5 years, has none. I want to close the AF  card if they won't wave the fee. Has anyone had luck getting Orchard to combine 2 credit lines into one card and close the other?

CB

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combining Orchard Bank cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 Orchard Bank cards. One has an AF which will be due in a couple of months. The other, that I have had for over 5 years, has none. I want to close the AF  card if they won't wave the fee. Has anyone had luck getting Orchard to combine 2 credit lines into one card and close the other?

CB

Bump

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: Combining Orchard Bank cards?

Yes,

I did it a couple of years ago. I had an Orchard Gold from August 2006 and HSBC something from April 2007.

The Orchard had $500 CL and the HSBC was $300. I had to request a postcard to send in. They combined them to the Orchard to keep the older history, and gave me a combined CL of $800. Some people have warned that they may not get the full combined CL, but I did.

After much calling and wrangling, I am up to $1,200 CL, but none since last October. They only waived half my $59 fee last August. I have kept it for the age. It reminds me of how far I've come since joining the board.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.