tag
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

Re: Come on Credit Steps!

p.s. -- Never knew Quicksilver One was considered subprime hehe

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 31 of 37
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I got a C1 Platinum last month at $3k. I went on an app spree and this card is my one regret! I'm at 25%! No way should I be subprime with my scores. Anyways, I'm enrolled in credit steps but have yet to use the card and not so sure I will. If I don't I'm sure I will never see an increase. I hate this card. How much of a score hit would I take if I close within 30 days of opening?

Message 32 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bmac66 wrote:

I got a C1 Platinum last month at $3k. I went on an app spree and this card is my one regret! I'm at 25%! No way should I be subprime with my scores. Anyways, I'm enrolled in credit steps but have yet to use the card and not so sure I will. If I don't I'm sure I will never see an increase. I hate this card. How much of a score hit would I take if I close within 30 days of opening?

Why do you hate it? You just have to use it once and you'll get a bump automatically. It's silly to close a card after 30 days for no reason, as it just kills your AAoA. But if your scores are very high it doesn't matter. 

Message 33 of 37
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

No rewards but I posted on another threat and just PC'd to the QS card with 1.5% cash back so now I have incentive to use the card!

Message 34 of 37
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bmac66 wrote:

Why do you hate it? You just have to use it once and you'll get a bump automatically. It's silly to close a card after 30 days for no reason, as it just kills your AAoA. But if your scores are very high it doesn't matter. 

It shouldn't kill the AAoA as a closed card will continue to factor into the AAoA score for 10 years. On the other hand, since a triple pull was taken to obtain the card, you might as well make the best of it. Open a Cap1 card with a better offer (Quicksilver or Venture?) and then combine them in a few months when they are eligible. You can get rid of the Platinum card and keep the one you want.

NEVER MIND! I see that you have PC'd it. That's even better. Congrats! Smiley Happy

More than enough credit.
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

So did you ever get your Credit Steps increase in October? Iam  curious cause my situation is kind of the same.

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got mine automatically, but I was able to get a $5000 bump early just using the request CLI button after the 4th statement.

Got another $500 to $6k total after the 6 month mark

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.