cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Accounts Frozen for identity verification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Accounts Frozen for identity verification?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This must be why it just happened to me.  I have about 25 cards with them.  I use 3 of them regulary the rest are just put away.  I only got so many because I needed to show more available credit...and it worked... raised me 30 points. I just paid all 3, in full last friday, today they were all frozen.  The girl told me they need all this info, and it can't be faxed or emailed.  Has to be snail mail.  My score updates tomorrow, I have a feeling I am not going to like what I see.  They had no problem taking $300 out of my bank account less than  an hour ago, then they freeze me out.  Nice!

I just mailed off my documents today.  I sent them way more then they requested, including income verification.  Want to cover all bases, so they dont come back again and demand income verification.  They got my DL, my tribal ID which also has my picture on it, SS card and business card.  Then I sent them my BofA Visa statement, checking account statement and my oldest Cap1 statement to show how long I've lived at this address.   All of my accounts with them have reported CLOSED on my credit reports, I called them when I seen 2 of them reported as such, they told me they would all eventually be closed, but would be reopened once verification was complete.  Found it a little odd, my scores went up with my accounts being reported as closed.  Another funny thing, with everything being frozen, they approved me for a MasterCard late last week, and it too is frozen, lol.  Today I got 44 letters in the mail telling me that "A review of your above-referenced credit card account revealed potential security concerns and/or irregular credit card transactions.  We are writing to notify you that use of your credit card account has been suspended pending completiong of our investigation", lol.

I didn't want to believe all the crazy stuff I was hearing about this bank! I think I will also send them extra documentation. The girl I spoke to told me since the utilities weren't in my name (and they won't accept a cell phone bill) that I can send a copy of my health insurance information. I found a letter from Cigna, but the letterhead has my old address (which is odd, because I changed my address with them years ago). However, the envelope has my new address printed on it, so I am sending them the envelope too. What a pain.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This must be why it just happened to me.  I have about 25 cards with them.  I use 3 of them regulary the rest are just put away.  I only got so many because I needed to show more available credit...and it worked... raised me 30 points. I just paid all 3, in full last friday, today they were all frozen.  The girl told me they need all this info, and it can't be faxed or emailed.  Has to be snail mail.  My score updates tomorrow, I have a feeling I am not going to like what I see.  They had no problem taking $300 out of my bank account less than  an hour ago, then they freeze me out.  Nice!

I just mailed off my documents today.  I sent them way more then they requested, including income verification.  Want to cover all bases, so they dont come back again and demand income verification.  They got my DL, my tribal ID which also has my picture on it, SS card and business card.  Then I sent them my BofA Visa statement, checking account statement and my oldest Cap1 statement to show how long I've lived at this address.   All of my accounts with them have reported CLOSED on my credit reports, I called them when I seen 2 of them reported as such, they told me they would all eventually be closed, but would be reopened once verification was complete.  Found it a little odd, my scores went up with my accounts being reported as closed.  Another funny thing, with everything being frozen, they approved me for a MasterCard late last week, and it too is frozen, lol.  Today I got 44 letters in the mail telling me that "A review of your above-referenced credit card account revealed potential security concerns and/or irregular credit card transactions.  We are writing to notify you that use of your credit card account has been suspended pending completiong of our investigation", lol.

I didn't want to believe all the crazy stuff I was hearing about this bank! I think I will also send them extra documentation. The girl I spoke to told me since the utilities weren't in my name (and they won't accept a cell phone bill) that I can send a copy of my health insurance information. I found a letter from Cigna, but the letterhead has my old address (which is odd, because I changed my address with them years ago). However, the envelope has my new address printed on it, so I am sending them the envelope too. What a pain.

I would ask them if they could confirm your old address that's on the letter from your credit report or public file.

Message 22 of 26
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

hope they grow with you over, time I have 6 coventry cards,  lowest CL is 2850, higest is 3400.... It would drive me crazy to have 30 cards with sub $500 CL these days... even my $200 target red card bugs me. 
Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamesdwi wrote:
hope they grow with you over, time I have 6 coventry cards,  lowest CL is 2850, higest is 3400.... It would drive me crazy to have 30 cards with sub $500 CL these days... even my $200 target red card bugs me. 

I have 4 cards that are 350CL's with them, which are heavily used cards, most others are between 500 and 1500, with 8 cards between 1750 and 3000, and 4 cards that are 5000 to 5500 in credit lines. I have not gotten any CLI's yet on the lower limit cards, but I have gotten several on the cards that are higher limits, and hardly used.

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they end up re-opening all your accounts? How long did you wait for them to re-open? To whom did you tallk to (customer protection?).
Message 25 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Did they end up re-opening all your accounts? How long did you wait for them to re-open? To whom did you tallk to (customer protection?).

The OP hasn't been on since 8/2016, will not get a response and I would suggest opening up a new thread if you have a specific issue.

        
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.