Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comenity Accounts Maximum?

tag
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

Comenity Accounts Maximum?

Hi all,

So I opened a few accounts this weekend with Comenity (store cards) via shopping cart trick and online applications, because they're literally stores I shop in every single month, so I can PIF each month, and build up my credit report. I know I took a hit to my AAOA, but it's okay, will garden.

I'm wondering if it looks bad though to open 4 accounts with Comenity within a 2-3 day period?

I got approved for Express, J-Crew, Bloomingdales, and Macys. I roughly spend about $1,500 a month or so all together at these stores for my weekend shopping, so I just figured just put them on the cards and PIF and it will help me build more but I just got worried that maybe opening 4 accounts all at once with the same bank will look back and cause AA?

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Re: Comenity Accounts Maximum?

I don't believe Macy's is a Comenity backed card, pretty sure it's Citi

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Jon85 wrote:

Hi all,

So I opened a few accounts this weekend with Comenity (store cards) via shopping cart trick and online applications, because they're literally stores I shop in every single month, so I can PIF each month, and build up my credit report. I know I took a hit to my AAOA, but it's okay, will garden.

I'm wondering if it looks bad though to open 4 accounts with Comenity within a 2-3 day period?

I got approved for Express, J-Crew, Bloomingdales, and Macys. I roughly spend about $1,500 a month or so all together at these stores for my weekend shopping, so I just figured just put them on the cards and PIF and it will help me build more but I just got worried that maybe opening 4 accounts all at once with the same bank will look back and cause AA?

Thoughts?

I opened at least 5 Comenity store cards beginning in November 2013 for establishing a mixed credit track record and from my experience as long as you rotate useage evenly thru that set, PIF, and rinse n repeat later you should not have any worries about some AA from any lender. In a recon recently i babbled on with a U/W about how i know i have a series of new store cards just opened and he blew them off Smiley Very Happy

Prime Banks from my experience focus particularly on other banks payments history, limits, balances, and their AA0A, etc. not so much on catalog retailers if at all!

Message 3 of 8
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Oh! I didn't know that... I just checked my card agreement, and it didn't say anything about Comenity or Citibank, it says "NDSB (National Department Stores Bank)," and same with Bloomies as well--I don't know why I thought they were through Comenity?

Message 4 of 8
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

Is there any way to determine which shopping cart cards you would most likely be approved for by looking through soft pulls on your credit report?

Message 5 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I wish Bloomingdales was Comenity Smiley Happy

You'll be fine, 2 Comenity accts isnt bad. Its never been mentioned in any of my recon calls and if it were to be asked I would acknowledge it along with the money I was able to save as a savy consumer.
Message 6 of 8
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Jon85 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Oh! I didn't know that... I just checked my card agreement, and it didn't say anything about Comenity or Citibank, it says "NDSB (National Department Stores Bank)," and same with Bloomies as well--I don't know why I thought they were through Comenity?

That's a subsidiary of Citibank.

As for Comenity, they seem to have a high threshold for number of accounts with them. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 7 of 8
Jon85
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:
I wish Bloomingdales was Comenity Smiley Happy

You'll be fine, 2 Comenity accts isnt bad. Its never been mentioned in any of my recon calls and if it were to be asked I would acknowledge it along with the money I was able to save as a savy consumer.

Thank you for the response! I feel better now... I was just worried that maybe Comenity would be the one like "hm, we opened two accounts for you at the same time... kind of weird..." and then change their minds  and close them lol. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.