Not applicable

Comenity Alert

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity Alert

@Anonymous wrote:

This is some funny stuff.  I have a few Comenity cards.  I just tried to upgrade my 2012 Honda Pilots aftermarket car stereo system and add some retrofit projector headlights.

No car stereo place would touch the new projector headlights.  The amplifier was clipping.

I asked for refunds on both from EBay sellers.  Total of about $430.

My Comenity accounts now have alerts asking me to call them if I am having financial problems.

Funny.  I have a 1% utilization.  2 returns on the same Comenity Mastercard.

If they will relax, I'm about to use the same card to get another amp installed and give them the money back they refunded to that card.

I noticed the same thing on my HT card today. Not sure why, although I have had a rather large drop to my FICOs, for no reason I can figure.

Heaps of shenanagans coming out of Comenity, wonder if this is related.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was curious, so I went and checked.  In addition to a HT card, I also have a Gamestop card, and a Fuel Rewards MC.  The HT card is the only one currently with a balance (just sent a payment for the amt owed for this month, and charged some stuff that arrived today), with a balance PIF on Gamestop about two weeks ago, and the FR only having been used once (February?) and PIF then.

The HT card is also the only one with the "If you are facing financial difficulty" message.  My current Util on the card is about 20%, always PIF, with a third of that awaiting processing.

Just some data points, if anyone else is noticing this message, or if the OP wants to compare.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to check mine.  I have many and use them and always asked for a cli.  Not sure what would give them the idea you were in trouble?  Maybe they have you mixed up with someone else?  

Message 5 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

I had the same alert on J Crew and Virgin America. J Crew even have me a few CLIs with the message showing.
Message 6 of 9
smittyboy020
Contributor

I'm getting the same message and I have less than 1% on both cards.

Message 7 of 9
JayTee1
Frequent Contributor

I have this showing on my GameStop account, no others though.

There's another thread floating around here.  Someone else experienced this, called the number, and it seems to be a system error.

March 2014: Abysmal, low 500s

April 2015: TU 607 | EQ 599 | EX 608
March 2019: TU 717 | EQ 727 | EX 727
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up! I checked both of my accounts. Nothing right now. They both have a $0 balance.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.